1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Could Have Been The Problem?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Oct 28, 2018.

1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Maybe she wanted a PROGIDY playmate as her kid :rolleyes:

2. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

You never know what problems she or her family is going through in current phase of life.

May be she is shy?
    She may be not the conversational type?
    Does she get on nerves in general?
    Did you or some neighbor offended her in some way?
    Perhaps she may be lonely soul or doesn't like NOISEY soul!

It can be awkward - smile and wave politely then go back to what you are doing . Throw on attitude , she will understand.

You don’t have to be friends with anyone you don’t want to be friends with. You can just keep making excuses.
    Introverts prefer to avoid new people

Good luck !

anika987 likes this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I don't think you should take offence. This lady may not want to interact with you socially. I don't think she means ill. I am also a bit like her. I tend to push people away. I like being alone but frequently feel lonely. It is strange.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Some people we honestly cannot understand. I have come across people like that. Initially they talk very well and suddenly they stop and they won't even look at me when coming face to face. I will be the same from the beginning with them. I even asked one person why and she responded that she got preoccupied with something in her mind. Best thing is however they behave with u you can behave in the same way in return. No hard feelings.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I understand totally and even I was that but if the person want to be aloof why ask for play dates and she is interested etc..

I feel bad coz my child really likes her kid and tells me often to take to her home..I told my kid bluntly if the other child is even coming to our home?If that child is also interested she will ask right?
    My LO face fell..All I could do is give a hug..

All my mistake

6. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

You know, I totally get your position OP, I've been there and felt like the other parent is looking for some people other than me and my child to hang out with. But sometimes, I've also noticed that some parents don't have nearly as much energy/motivation to arrange anything. Like they want the social interaction, but when they think about the actual work and effort, they're kind of over it. I wonder if that's what's happening? Just a possibility.

Sunshine04, guesshoo, salad and 5 others like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I kind of feel just to give her the benefit of doubt..I should not have initiated.

I should have messaged and told feel free to contact and letthe relationship grow organically.

I thought I was being nice by being proactive.She lives two houses away,has a kid same age and thought it is good for both the kids.

I have no intention to disturb her or anything.

When people ignore like this,it felt irritating..she is ready to be friends with kids who won’t be in the same school or
    Lives far away but not the with a kid who lives two houses away..

After a certain age,one people get into a community..people are decent.No one barges and makes the other parent babysit 24/7 if that’s what she feels..

She has also been a working lady in a very high position and am sure she must be smart to deal with many things

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 as far as I know, friendship or any relationship for that matter starts with an attraction.
    We don't become friends with anyone who are simply nice with us.

I've noticed this a lot in real life as well as in social media. There are nice people, and they express their interest to become my friend by many ways. I try my level best to be civil, but I understand that it is impossible to be friends with everyone who crosses our path.

This lady's request for a play mate to her child is real.
    But she must be not ready to become your friend. period.
    She would have thought to find another place where both herself and her child can enjoy friendship. And this is absolutely practical.
    She wasn't rude with you. But just trying to let you know that she is not interested in your offer.
    Take the hint.

In a world where we believe, it is possible to develop chemistry and attraction towards a romantic relationship by being nice and staying under one roof for a long time, it is not a surprise to know that people expect friendship the same way.
    For some, ya... it happens. But not for all.

hino likes this.
  9. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Op, after reading your post I am sharing here about one lady in our society who alone speaks the same mother tongue as me. Her child goes to the same school as mine but in different division. This calls for a compulsory meeting twice daily at the busstop. I had selected the school based on the good feedback given by her. Once the school started I hinted to her that if she wishes she can transfer her kid to my kids division. (Her mother once during a visit had acknowledged my decision to select the same school and also suggested that its good if they are in the same division to copy notes, etc.) But she didnt change nor did she talk about it. Since I had taken the admission later on, I was not allowed to move my kid to her kids division.
    This lady (A) is a friend to all. She has the quality of talking to anyone under the sun and she shares the happenings of her day with each one. I have seen people stopping to talk to her. Even I have admired this quality of A. Evening time most days she brings her child down to play. Sometimes even I take my child down to play. Now few months back I have noticed that she is always on the phone talking while waiting at the bus stop. The initial liking that I had for her is wading off. Few incidents (programs for kids/ladies, polio vaccination dates, etc )she didn't inform me. Though I keep telling/informing her of anything new that I know. I expected she would let me know but she maintained a deliberate silence on it. She n her kid were a winner during those events and bcos of my bad network, I never knew about such programs in the society. But whenever its a matter of sharing expense or spending money she would be the first to tell me that people usually practice this way. Now exams time in school,and timings have changed for many students, so more parents at the bus stop. Now she is not seen talking on the phone and is a active participant in the small talks with parents.

I can't see her as a reliable person so I am keeping distance from her. At the same time I was so surprised when her kid said that mine has written everything wrong in her exam and he is going to be the first in school exam. My kid right now has no idea /seriousness about this exam/rat race. But somewhere I feel the competitive mind of the lady is being transferred to her kid as well and so he was undermining my kid in front of all.

sindmani, Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame