1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what changes did il relationship forum brought in you

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ushash, Mar 20, 2015.

1. ushash

ushash Silver IL'ite

I am eager to know how you changed after coming to this forum
    In my case ,
    1.I was ignoring my mother in law before coming here . I got panic attacks due to her . After going through this forum , I started replying whenever necessary .
    2. I started giving less information to her . My conversations are very general now like weather , news etc
    3. I stopped complaining about mil to dh

What about you

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

Nice Post!!

For me , first thing was when I read posts here, I come to know that there are girls who are facing much pathetic ILs than mine, who have miserable life at home, this gave me a positive energy to live.

Secondly, to have a life of my own... earlier I used to stick to my husband all the time and here only I got confident enough to start having a life of my own also, have space and give space. This has reduced fights between me and my DH.

Third, complaining about MIL to DH.

Fourth, venting. At times I am frustrated from something at home, I come here and read posts and even without posting my vent, at times I am relaxed, may be by corelating problems with others and reading some valuable posts.

Fivth, I got confident that I need to speak up to avoid unnecessary torture. I was able to build up a funda.... Either ignore (if u can), if you cannot speak up..

.... and many more... IL is really helpful...

sindmani likes this.
  3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

The freedom to vent... that literally makes you light hearted.

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread.
    1. I could be me without being judged.
    2. A wonderful place where I can see very positive minded people irrespective of the struggles going on in their lives.
    3. Enjoy all sorts of writings from poetry to snippets of life to relationship troubles and each day learn something that could improve my approach and attitude.

All these in just a month of joining and regret that I was not part of this wonderful team for the past 10 years.

sindmani and ashima10 like this.
  5. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Nice post so much positive energy

1) I learned to ignore my MIL
    2) Came to know a lot worse ladies out there
    3) Stop complaining about my MIL to DH
    4) Was patient and let her have her tantrums with no rebuttal and she unfolded in front of her family
    5) Became aware she was NEVER going to love me or care for me as she does her own kids, and so I should love and appreciate more the people that do the same for me, hence became much stronger with my parents and siblings.

sindmani, guesshoo and sweety127 like this.
  6. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

For me, I used to think what a life I have. I m not able to share my feelings, nor a place to vent my feelings. After seeing posts in this forum Im a changed personality. I get useful opinions and suggestions. Wonderful friends out here!

My all timehugsmiley favorite Il forum!

sindmani likes this.
  7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I learnt to be more diplomatic in dealing with people..got many useful suggestions in dealing with health and relationship issues.

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It is wonderful to have a place where on can vent.

As for in laws...I realized that my in laws are just like any other in laws ...or may be a bit better.

I realized my mil is just being the mother of sons.

I realized how much less problems I have in life because I don't have a Sister in lawlaugh1smileyJust joking...some bils are as much trouble ...or more.

I realized how wonderful my husband is.All the hundreds of ways he irritates me are nothing when he is such a good husband.I value him so much more....and have become so patient with the little shortcomings he has.

I realized that I am not a very patient person....compared to so many forum members....

I realized that venting does make a lot of difference....it makes you lighter and makes you let go of the minor grudges at least.

But most important to me has been the opportunity to vent about parents.There are many places and people we can talk about in laws.That is natural and expected.

It is so difficult to talk to any one about your own parents.....not even your spouse because you don't want him to judge them. It is not expected and not looked upon nicely to hear about people saying anything negative about ones own parents. I have been able to vent and get closure. Things that used to get me to grit my teeth are no longer big issues.I am able to look past them....venting has made the issues 'not so important ' any longer.

9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

I learnt that I do have time in my hand. thinkingsmiley

10. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

@Radhai is brevity personified.

randomfactsaboutRadhai #32

At school, Radhai didn't use a separate answer sheet. She managed to fill the answers in the question paper itself.

curiousgals78, sahityaj, Me1 and 14 others like this.