What brought you here?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by satchitananda, Mar 5, 2011.

1. nevantamedia

nevantamedia New IL'ite

I love discussing various topics and am always open to suggestions. IL seems to be that one stop where i can communicate with fellow Indian women and share some wonderful moments.

2. smitarobin

smitarobin New IL'ite

hi I am Smita I came across this site when i was looking for information about Sweden wanted to get first hand info. from Indians staying in Sweden about life in Stockholm I am still waiting for someone to help me we will be moving to Stockholm soon .
    :)

3. Nimiy

Nimiy Bronze IL'ite

my loneliness

4. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

i was googling on internet regarding tackling egoistic perons and found this site..got my slf registered and went through it... i feel its a nice platform forr ladies from different areas to discuss various topics under one roof...happy IL...

5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Funny story I was actually browsing "How to make soft idlis in winter recipe" and came across a recipe on Indus Ladies, this was in 2009. The recipe totally rocked, but you know what okay nobody should laugh at what I am going to say next. The recipe was very detailed and talked about every single minuscule aspect of making idlis, except yes except that one is supposed to put water in the idli cooker to steam. Being the smart ass that I am, I thought that since such a detailed recipe did not entail putting water in the cooker, maybe you do not put water to steam. (Don't ask how I chanced upon this theory - in my head it made sense at that point), So after I arranged the idli batter in the plates and waited preciously for soft idlis all I got was a burning smell. I jumped into damage control mode and rang up my friend who laughed and said that it is common sense to put water in idli cooker and hence the recipe did not mention it.
    Coming back to how I decided to join Indus Ladies...here goes that story.
    I totally forgot about Indus Ladies, until July of 2012 when I learnt that as part of my studies I will be interning at a women's center for Asian women. I was browsing about problems faced by Asian women and then came across Indus Ladies, the feeling of community, good-will, genuine appreciation, motivation and encouragement (which many women do not get) that I found on this forum was heart-warming and I had to join.

6. nainaa999

nainaa999 New IL'ite

i just found fun and knowledge here. i

7. Sowmyapr

Sowmyapr New IL'ite

Hi,

To be honest, my boredom , browsing for some online job, looking for different recipes :coffee in Google led me to Indusladies.com.

Once i hit this site, i felt very happy that its all about, for and from ladies. Thats how i landed here. :)

-keep smiling
    Sowmyapr

8. TRAO22

TRAO22 New IL'ite

i came across this site when i was hunting for easy ways to lose weight.... and i heard bout herbalife and posts related to that.... this was like 4 to 5 months back.... i somehow managed to track down herbalife have used it and am amazed with the results... so the initiation was thru the wite where i discovered herbalife... so am thankful to IL .... and then ya after i got my results..... i registered on here and now a part of it... and wish to share lots lots here.

life is great!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  9. monakaripel

monakaripel New IL'ite

hi friends , i am a very new member of this forum and look forward to interesting blogs on cooking and many interesting things

10. StuSweety

StuSweety New IL'ite

Just by googling for some general queries about travel tips etc.,I got to know about this forum...nearly 6 months ago..and used to visit then and there without registering...

But now, I would like to get expert opinions on some of my personal problems..so, formally joined the member club :)