What brought you here?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by satchitananda, Mar 5, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Soniya,

Thanks so much for sharing. It is really nice to see you active in the fashion and poetry sections. :thumbsup Unfortunately I am unable to follow your contributions in Tamil. My loss.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Satchi,

One of my friend recommended Chitra Viswanathan's recipes here. I just checked it. There was very interesting topic and people were all giving their opinions. Guess What. It was Iyengar bashing. It was so funny. People were so upset with iyengars. I loved it. After couple of days, the thread was closed because of the complaints from Iyengars.

We live in 21st century and still have difference between us. Can't believe it to see people are so sensitive about that.

Sorry to go on,on and on. Whatever it is, that topic brought me to this website. I enjoy it. spending too much time in it.

Good day!!!
    CL:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Nice thread.

I happen to read few blogs in IL last june. Then One of the blogs by Promila, then a blog about 'Peer Pressure' (I think the author is 'crazywriter' not sure) attracted me. I wanted to comment for those blogs, which forced me to create an account. Then I just gave up.

After few weeks, when I was absolutely bored, I came back to the blogs section. Created an account and started blogging. The site was very vast, I didn't know what all it contained. I restricted myself to blogs section until September '10. So thats my entry... :)

ilt

4. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

Hmm....mannnny things helped in the culmination of me being a registered member here...

A year ago, (maybe several) I visited this site when I searched on Google for a online community of Indian ladies. I browsed through some of the forums and really liked the site. More recently, since a month, I've been regularly visiting the married life forums. I find the beauty tips for skin and hair very helpful too. I want to practice all of them but there are sooooo many :)
    I loved the crafts forum too, but used to get disappointed as I couldn't view pictures of crafts as a guest. And also, I was looking for tips and diets for weight loss- and friends who are in the same boat of trying to lose weight. I found them both here. :) So, after lots of waiting and debating, I finally became a member. I am looking forward to a joyous and splendid time here. :)

5. satchitananda

Hi forgiven, thanks for sharing your story with us. I am sure you will have a good time here and find the various forums very interesting indeed. Wish you a very good time.

6. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi Satchi,

With hubby on frequent tours, I had a lone laptop for my company. I used to frequent Chats in other sites. But initially people were friendly and same crap chat used to follow. Was searching for Shlokas , when felt indebted to thank Chitra Madam. Registered only bcos wanted to know more about Chitra Mami. Then started a lovely journey ...Shlokas, Recipes, Chitra Mami 's blogs, Albums.....
    Now I visit through most of the sections. IL is relaxing and refreshing. I feel happy to have such lovely virtual friends.

Parvathi.

7. satchitananda

That is so nice Paru. Yes, thjis is a place where one gets to make many friends. And it does not allow any time to get bored. Thanks for responding. :) :thumbsup

8. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Well,
    I stumbled upon this website, when I searched for an Indian women's forum.. Used to read a lot of threads in married life and the entertainment section.. Continued reading a lot.. Then a couple of days before, started posting in the forums.. i find it very interesting.. lot of women with liberated ideas.. so i hang around to read a lot of threads, and do not post much.. hope, I would start posting out a lot..

9. Soksamphors

Soksamphors New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am new member to this site. I am interested in this site while I read about all ladies discussed on the topics related to cheese for baby. I am curious to know how to take good care of my baby including food, clothes and education. So I hope everyone can share their ideas and I will gain a lot knowledge to take care of my baby better.

10. iCool

iCool Senior IL'ite

i was searching for some good embroidery design on net & landed here..i found huge information for what i wanted...i was really amazed..this is great...each & every category here gives me new information..its really exciting:)

iCool