1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Watching On Netflix?

Discussion in 'TV' started by blindpup10, Jul 19, 2016.

1. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@ShabnamF : I am addicted to House series....loved the way Dr House infer at a differential diagnosis towards the episode endin {bit different than Greys Anatomy style}....i like Hugh Laurie s narcissist attitude....sad the series ended with Season 8 :(

Good wife : Alicia has done a pretty good job & there's loads of twist ....i m yet to watch Season 7 .

blindpup10 and ShabnamF like this.
  2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I am watching "Stories by Rabindranath Tagore". It is in hindi, but songs they are in Bangali, not translaed. Feels very good, almost feel like I am watching DD1 in my childhood days. Anurag Basu directed, may be not all by him.

First story is Choker bali, done by Radhika apte. Aishwarya also did this story, that was a movie, may be 10 years ago,

blindpup10 and poovai like this.
  3. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

The Last Man Standing

fun family drama- one man's take on living with a family full of women..enjoying the light comedy

Angelica28 and poovai like this.
  4. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

Watching Dexter now. Anybody watched it? Sorry haven't read all the replies on this thread

blindpup10 likes this.
  5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, I love crime drama and I have to say --I used to watch Dexter. I stopped watching coz things got a bit uncomfortable for my taste in the later seasons.

Recently watched American Crime Story-The People Vs OJ Simpson.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  6. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

We are big fan of Tim Allen, watch it regularly.

blessings1010 likes this.
  7. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I like to watch it... waiting for English subtitle.

blindpup10 likes this.
  8. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

In general, I don't watch super hero series. But this one started differently, I like it.

Iron Fist - 2017, is good.

whistle likes this.
  9. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Netflix has some decent Marvel superhero series going.

I started with DareDevil, which is a blind lawyer during day and a vigilante superhero by night. Well made. saw 2 series
    Jessica Jones - Female super hero, private investigator with super natural powers. I saw one episode and was creep-ed out and stopped. The first season's antagonist is someone who can control minds. Too much for me. But well made.
    Luke Cage - African American super hero, also from Hell's Kitchen, super strength like the two above. Saw a few episodes and was interesting. On hold
    Iron Fist - haven't seen yet.

All the ones I have seen, have well defined characters, good actors.

I feel that Netflix have understood the formula well and has built interesting series. The cool thing is that the above super heroes live in the same time and space.

Though Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have different series, they are married at a future time. We see Luke Cage in the Jessica Jones series, though he is a side act.

There are a few other characters like the hospital nurse and Daredevil's love interest who is in all the series. Also, Daredevil's villain Fisk's name comes up in the Luke Cage series.

Also, all of them show up on a series called Defenders which will be on netflix soon.

The only problem I have is that there is no meat in the episodes. Its very interesting to keep watching. But at the end of an episode, nothing much has happened. It takes an entire season of cat and mouse game between the lead and the antagonist to end. But worth watching if you don't mind that.

I yearn for series like Sherlock or Lost where things are a bit slow, but you get to pay attention.

poovai likes this.
  10. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Watched these in the past two weeks.:p

Dilwale
    Happy New Year
    Asoka
    Force 2
    Junior
    Roman Holiday
    Monkey King 2
    Ice Fantasy (c-drama)