1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Thankful For In 2018?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anusha2917, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

After I started practicing gratitude every single day I have realised that I now expect less and that puts my worries out of the window.
    As we are ending 2018 I want to start this thread to write that one incident for which you are thankful in 2018 or you will be remember 2018 for that . One positive incident. Go ahead and write more than one if you want to. :)
    No this is not about 2019 resolutions and what all u want to do in 2019 . It's about "why 2018 was a beautiful year for you".

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

First I'll start with mine. 2018 was a mixed year for me. Well it's always that some things work n some don't.
    But about what made it beautiful and memorable is :
    I had this dream to visit this particular country and I honestly didn't have desperation . So in the beginning to 2018 I had an opportunity from my workplace to go to this country of my dreams. Just started the process and everything fell in place and bang April I was at this country . It was a dream come true for me . Will never forget how sweetly life offered me this opportunity and I'm thankful for it . Surely one of the best of 2018 .

anika987, Rihana, Amica and 4 others like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

2018 is a remarkable year for me. When my son was 5 months old, I told my wife that I would educated him in the US. At that time, I had no idea to migrate to the US nor I had the money to send him to the US to educate him. This Sankalpa worked well as I moved through the ladder of a software company eventually letting me migrate to the US and he studied in the US since he was 7 years old. Now he is 30 years old and he finished his Ph.D. this year completing my ambition. He finished his undergrad in Mechanical Engineering, Masters in Heat Transfer and Ph.D. in Computational Fluid Dynamics. He was in the University for 10 years but time well spent.

SunPa, anika987, Rihana and 5 others like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

For life. For each heartbeat, each breath, each new dawn.

Viswamitra, Anusha2917, Srama and 3 others like this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

It was another year of challenges but I have come to terms with the way life is. I am Thankful for a wonderful and unforgettable once in a lifetime experience. Also meeting up with few people after 2 decades was unforgettable.

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:worship2:

anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

That I am still alive, healthy and kicking. Everything else is secondary.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The year reminded me once again how thankful I am to live in the time that I do and in the place I do. Grateful for second chances and options, help, resources that humbled me. I am grateful to all the scientists, thinkers and great human beings who spent lifetimes making life easier for the rest of us and the internet that makes it all so accessible. For the ability to surgically cut off international relationships that drain the spirit and vex the soul while keeping a hi-bye. Had a date-night (or afternoon/evening) almost every week, missed about 4 maybe. Conscious effort to be "more Dalai Lama, less drill sergeant" paid off, with Thing2 once asking me after a long conversation, "How come you never told me all this before?" This easily takes the :number_one:

What else? Watched many great movies, read more than the previous year, cooked more than the previous year, was there for friends. And oh yes, another #1 -- friends were there for me.

Glad to be able to wrap up the year donating to Wikipedia.

Viswamitra, shravs3, anika987 and 3 others like this.
  9. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

2018 is definitely one of the best years in our lives as the arrival of twins have changed our lives forever.

We are able to manage so far with hired help, flexibility from employers, and the reminder from time to time that my mom managed the burden 3 decades ago without even the financial cushion.

SunPa, Viswamitra, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

It was a year which made me to realise who I am a bit more, made be to understand what is important and what can be ignored, made me feel thankful for each and every small thing happen in my life, learned to blissfully feel thankful observing my kids , learn to improve my academic writing and improve my research skills, realised how people are so kind and caring and many more. Thank you @Anusha2917 for initiating this. Many thanks to you.

Viswamitra, anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.