What are the natural alternatives to sports drinks and energy gels?

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by mahima23, Aug 18, 2015.

1. mahima23

mahima23 New IL'ite

hii...all

Can you please tell me What are the natural alternatives to sports drinks and energy gels?

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Well, when I was a kid, we used to take freshly squeezed orange juice with Glucose D added to it during sports events. Am sure, it is still good enough.

We would just take 2 sips before sprinting and a cup after the run to add energy and quench our thirst.

Regards,
    JM

3. Sindhujaft

Sindhujaft Gold IL'ite

When i think about instant energy all that comes to my mind is "Dry Grapes" Whenever i feel tired immediately i take 5 -10 dry grapes...and it gives instant boost up... It is used to get quick relief.

4. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

So many-Green veggie juice-palak.coriander.ginger all juiced & drink immediately.add little salt.immediate energy boost.Or 1apple,1 carrot 1 beetroot squeezed with skin and drink immediately -supposed to be anti cancer.Dont try artifical /energy boost they haveb harmful chemical to keep brain alert then brain gets dull.Drink fresh fruit juice/veggie juice-imeediate energy boost plus good for health also.Cheers

5. pinky21

pinky21 Gold IL'ite

take a cup of sugar and make sugar syrup in the jeera consistency. add 3 table spoons of fresh ginger syrup along with juice extracted from 3 lemons. once the syrup gets cooled add the ginger syrup and lemon juice mixture and refrigerate it..

when ever u feel tried take quarter tumbler of this syrup and mix it with water.. u can add the water according to how strong you want the juice..

Its a great energy boost..

Ps: In-stead of water u can even add plain chilled soda to it...