1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Are Some Healthy Snacks You Have In Between Meals?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Naari, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I am not much of a snacker .we have dinner quite early by 5:30 -6 so I take it easy on snacks .

Options are

hummus and 2 crackers
    Fruits
    Nuts
    Cheese but that's mostly the leftover stuff from kids .
    Roasted makhanas with some salt and pepper.
    Sometimes I chop onions and tomatoes and have some bhel .
    1 slice of brown bread with lettuce, tomato , cucumber and chat masala . Yummmm. Sometimes I skip the bread and just eat the veggie slices.
    1/2 boiled or baked potato with some spices on it .

Naari and satchitananda like this.
  2. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

@Naari... I can go on and on and on.............. naming the recipes for you dearie:)
    You could make avlakki, varieties of chakli, sajjappa, Dates laddu, antinunde, mosraavallaki, Gojjavalakki, banana buns, Tambittu, maddur vade, Bonda soup, dhokla, ambode, rava vade, chiroti,cannage manchurian, boondi, baji, aloo bonda,...........................

Food and Remedy
    This is one awesome websites which has all the traditional/healthy/ ancient recipes:) You could even check the you tube videos of these recipes i named above searching swayampaaka or food&remedy:)

Naari likes this.
  3. smriths

smriths New IL'ite

I have a stash of granola bars on me, for in betweeners. For me, a snack must entail chocolate, but this is only because I have a sweet tooth :D *Blush* hence, the little dabs of chocolate really gets me going. Apart from this, I have watermelon, lots of it. Another something that I like to munch on is cornflakes. You'll be surprised how light it is. Before I work out though, I just have a banana. It's super effective.

Naari likes this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

old movie clip, starring Charlton Heston.

Umanga likes this.
  5. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

I love bananas.

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

No consumption and no association. Just a pure fan of the concept. I really struggled with food when I was overseas. Unfortunately, it was before the advent of Soylent otherwise I would have tried it.

In the West, people are gradually living alone and away from families. It is very difficult to work all day and plan for and cook meals. People spend a lot of money and lose their health on junk food. It is much better to drink Soylent and its imitators than chips, pizza, pasta et cetera (when they are not well-cooked).

Rob Rhinehart, the inventor of Soylent gradually noticed his hair volume improve once he switched to an all-Soylent diet, so did his mood and body weight. The thing with Soylent or any of the other products that have followed in its footsteps such as Huel, Ambronite or Bertrand is that they can be used both as weight loss and weight gain mechanisms. If you want to lose weight, drink Soylent exclusively. If you want to gain weight and put on muscle, add Soylent in-between your meals.

I think man-made meals are the future. They don't have to take the form of drinks. They can be made more appetising, solid and colourful. NASA is developing an organic 3D printer than can "print" pizzas. Not too far in the future we shall have organic 3D Printers that shall be able to synthesise different kinds of food from a few basic organic ingredients.

Even the meal-replacement products in their current forms can be used to supplement army rations and be shipped to poor countries suffering food shortages.

The possibilities are endless.

Having said all that, I am working purely on second-hand knowledge, I have never tried the stuff and I don't need to as I am quiet well-fed here.

But, I can't resist pointing it out whenever the opportunity arises. Indians are usually slow to adopt new trends so I have made it my mission to make people aware of this new area of technology.

From what I have read, it takes a while for the body to get used to liquid food. You might feel hungry, you might have digestive problems, your stool (ahem) might not be its usual self. But, people eventually get used to it. The Soylent Sub-Reddit is the best source of first-hand experiences.

Soylent (I am using the term as a catch-all for all meal-replacement products) is probably more suited to the Western psyche than the Indian one. Indians usually live in families and have a female relative who cooks. Westerners live alone and value convenience. Their food is already quite tasteless anyway, so it is not a big jump to get to Soylent.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Naari likes this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha the only reason I eat bananas are because they are the easiest to peel , no cutting nothing. I have had a watermelon sit in the kitchen for a good couple of months waiting to be cut !
    I agree, TJ paintain chips are pretty good but I can get through one packet in one sitting .

Naari likes this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Sounds good ! Will try this !

Naari likes this.
  9. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Just googled makhanas , had never heard of these , will definitely try

10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Keep eating bananas my friend, looks like I guilt you with my comment..sorry

Sandycandy likes this.