1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What An Irony, I Think...then I Smile!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS Ma'm,
    It is truly an honor that you logged on after a long time and chose to post a feedback to me. I have missed you. Please don't be a stranger :)

Thank you for your words. I do hear summer is real bad in Chennai! Stay indoors and take care.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Entertaining and enjoyable excursion perhaps through Mother Nature.
    Stay rooted spread your branches.
    That is mighty phrase there, I love it too.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God grant us Godspeed in our endeavour.

kaniths and Srama like this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

As my unfocused eyes alighted lazily on this fragment before reading the sentences preceding, I had alarming visions of a rampaging @Srama tearing out all that is green - plant, shrub, tree, and grass; bush, brier, thistle, and weed, all terminated with extreme prejudice. A frenzied search for the Sanjeevani? I wondered, until I realized that she was talking about taking congenial leafy friends outside into the sunshine where they belong, not 'taking them out' altogether. A little less television, I muttered to myself, in rueful warning to my never-present mind. :facepalm:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    kaniths, Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Thyagarajan sir for your response.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@sokanasanah,

I was indeed surprised to see you here in my thread. While this here
    gave the answer, it also made me feel "Dang it! Even with all THAT he could see so clearly!". Thank you for explaining the mistake with such lovely explanation. While I can never take out any greenery with such frenzy, I could clearly visualize Hanuman doing the same. I truly appreciate it. Thank you!

kaniths likes this.
  6. sokanasanah

Oh, it's not a mistake! What you wrote is perfectly legitimate, esepcially in context.* I was trying to say that I misread it at first, my brain addled with breezily violent idiot-box slang. I enjoyed the snippet. While the others were appreciating your mindful presence in garden and wood, I was bemoaning my limited attention span and never-here, always-elsewhere mind that was not present - in either root or branch.

*Now you have me worried about whether I am turning into the resident grammar Nazi on IL. I am horrified that you thought this was a flourish of the red-pencil.:facepalm::eek::oops:

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Talk about taking things out of context! My apologies. I did not feel bad at all and the teacher in me appreciated your response. Perhaps I should have mentioned that in my previous response.

As for grammar Nazis, I kind of like them for again, the teacher in me is always looking to learn, especially about languages and I absolutely loved the way you described your mind here in this response and Hanuman and his actions in the previous one. Never-here, always-elsewhere is how I am most of the time too but on occasion when I get to be mindful, thankfully the magic stays for sometime making my days much better. Thank you for responding @sokanasanah.

8. sokanasanah

That's a relief!
    On a different note: you teach children and teach yoga, right?
    I am fantastically distractable - it's "dogggg-ieee!!..." one minute and "aero-pppplaaane!! ..." the next.

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

All that talk about mindfulness and take offense to every slight, perceived or otherwise? Nah!
    Honestly, those two are my constant distractions as well. Truth! Yes, I teach yoga, some Sanskrit and mostly children at a school :)

kaniths and sokanasanah like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

What a wonderful snippet this is to read on a fine bright shining Sunday! I don't worry about snow, don't worry about bad weather, don't worry about the potted plants as they are always outside smiling at the bright Sun here in Florida. But I do worry about remaining observant like what you do every second of your life. You have imbibed living in the present moment into your daily values.

Your note indicated that the place you visited is a historic cemetery recognized by the government. When I read that mind, I wondered how those who rest in the cemetery would experience those wonderful beauty of nature around them. Are you sure the runner and the lady who crossed you twice are real living beings? Just kidding!

I attended a funeral of a man who served the community for over the last 48 years yesterday. They have arranged viewing in three different funeral homes just to make sure everyone gets an opportunity to pay respect. This man was the first one I met when I moved to my city and he deserves to be in a beautiful place for the enviable kind heart he possessed.

Viswa

Srama likes this.