1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What An Irony, I Think...then I Smile!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Gauri,

What an awesome response! As much as I try to be present in the moment, days slip by and when the realization dawns I feel like i missed something...so that being in the present is such a work in progress and I love being on that path. Thank you for your words.

The words I have quoted above are my favorite! Thank you.

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rama,

What’s beautiful write up. It was more of a poetry than a prose. I read and reread many times, just to enjoy the beauty of your writing.
    When I see my landlord’s cat sleeping without a care on the roof of his car, I wonder the plight of humans where sleep eludes us inspite of a thundering aircon and a comfy sleep well mattress! There is a smile on my lips looking at the irony! While taking long walks, When I come across cute kids talking big stuff, I enjoy their conversations and a big smile lights up my face!. Any passerby may think of me as a lunatic!

Agatha83

Cheeniya likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Agatha,

It is indeed so nice to see so many people with smiles on their face walking around. Thank you for spreading them :) Thank you also for your words and feedback. I appreciate it.

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

I had a big smile on my face when i finished reading this .
    Infectious , thats what smiles are . Even if only in the form of a word .

No, we dont really need reasons to smile . Yesterday i was reading an article that said , ‘first thing in the morning , SMILE ! and your tensions will run away and your day turns out great.’
    Today i tried it ( though it felt a bit silly , i confess ) and remarkably , the day turned out well , and look , i have even attracted a reason for a good long smile to end the day with : your snippet !
    Keep smiling and spreading smiles .
    God Bless !

sindmani and Srama like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs.Susila,

You know what? I am going to try that tomorrow - waking up with a smile. Usually, it is "dang it, I am late for the class already!"

Thank you for your words on the snippet.

6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Sabitha,

You spin magic through your snippets. This time around reading your post brought a feeling of nostalgia but in a good way. The quotes you have referred to are so apt.

Cemeteries have a life in itself. It's all in the eyes of the seeker is my belief. Here is the link to my snippet posted a long time ago about - Life in a Cemetery. What an irony, I think now :).

It was good to read you Sabitha after long. Thanks for always coming up with such beautiful snippets. Would like to sign off by quoting this - "Life is actually simple, but we insist on making it complicated" - Confucius.

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu, @Scorpio707

Thank you for your response. I don't know how but I had missed your snippet. You make a point - there is life, no matter how we feel from the outside. You know one thing I did not make a mention of while writing this snippet was Shiva? My mind was fixated on him quite a while and I did indeed feel very meditative thinking of him and wlaking and observing.

Love your Confucius quote. True life can be dramatic or simple - there are those of us who pipe down the drama and make it simple and then there are those of us who are the other way round. Being an observer is such a nice place to be at.

Thank you again!

Scorpio707 likes this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Every in dividual has thew potential to make a differnce, You are the person who can make a difference. You don't have to wish to be that person You are that person. But not everyone can express such yearnings in lyrical prose like you can. I am currently reading Albert Camus' Lyrical And Critical Essays. Your threads have the same introspective qualities you find in his lyrical essays.

e

Srama likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    After a long time I logged on to IL and first read your post. It was a visual treat for me in the scorching Chennai summer and brought a smile.
    PS

Srama likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

I am truly flattered and humbled at the same time. Thank you for your words of appreciation. As at other times, I feel at a loss for words. Thank you!

Thank you also for the assurance. Yes, we all make a difference, somehow somewhere to someone. I often find myself reminding my kids that even the person they seem to feel is unfair to them is making a difference to someone somewhere. While I had a brief introduction to Camus, thanks to you my interest is piqued more and will read some, soon! Thank you.