1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What a wife should do when husband does not give compliments about looks?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vasavi84, Aug 25, 2011.

1. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

OP, Good for you. It is not good to compare your spouse to someone else. Glad that you were able to conbey this to your husband calmly.

I agree with tashidelek .. there are some men who also dont compliment their wives for their looks, their good nature, the things and sacrifices she does for husband because they feel doing so will give the wife the upper hand in the marriage. They are ready to risk love and affection (by kind words)for the sake of power and control. Pity them. I guess our friends have experienced that and thats why we say pls do this for yourself and not to please your husband.

2. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

The ad was for QUCO hair spray, do check it out

3. prativamishra

prativamishra New IL'ite

Whatever makeover you do, you will not look beautiful, unless you feel so.
    Don't compare yourself with your SIL. You dress yourself,etc as per your likes and dislikes.
    You should go for Facial, new Hair Cut, dress for yourself.
    Even I used to feel the same when I joined my first job after college. I always used to have inferiority complex and it used to affect my performance at work. Before that I had never visited any parlour.
    One day, suddenly I was accompanying one of my colleague cum friend to the parlour. She insisted me for a haircut.
    My entire looks changed. My office people failed to recognize at first instance.
    This changed my personality as a whole.
    Now, whenever I feel upset or depressed, I go for a makeover as per my wish. My husband is forced to comment, "Anything special today???"
    Anyways, guys are very bad at expressing their feelings and complimenting their wives.
    Be Confident, Feel Confident. You may try complimenting similar to your brother, etc

4. Aman11

Aman11 New IL'ite

Share your feeling with hubby

5. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

De
    DEAR OP
    I can completely undersrand your point ofview. There is nothing wrong in your expectation. But will u be happy if he compliments you jusy bcs u wanted him to do so??
    In my case my husband always compliments his dad and mom. Whenever they wear a new outfit then he will not have words to praise them.. but in my case he wont even luk at me. But nowadays i dont feel anything.
    We ladies should first compliment ourselves. We are all beautiful. We should be proud of ourselves first. Our walk our posture por attitude everything should reflect that only. Then even if we are not properly dressedup others may also feel like we are beautiful.
    Pamper yourself. Try different hairstyles. That itself can make huge chaanges. Try different outfits. And dont even wait for him to compliment you. They know that we expect them to compliment us. Thats y they are acting like this. Love yourself gal... u r beautiful..

6. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Very old thread.
    Make a dent on his wallet! He will notice:banana:

pinky2cute and Ishika84 like this.
  7. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

Hey dear,
    Not to worry...just be confident..you know you are beautiful...look in the mirror and say...tumhe koi haq Nani tum inti sunder lago....
    Let him praise his sister...
    Be happy...

Purple2017 likes this.
  8. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

:cheer:Agreed

9. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

No matter how many people will advice "let it be...you enjoy your life...dont bother ...so what if he doesnt compliment....etc etc " a woman...esp a wife's heart wants what it wants!

Recreating the spark is the key here to spice up married life. Be confident of your body fat or scars it doesnt matter. Try out diff dresses suiting your body type...eat healthy, take care of skin, etc.

Take initiative to get romantic with hubby.... he will surely notice the changem..

10. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Confidence is most important......think that you are beautiful.....God likes you......that feeling will boost your confidence...which will increase your coolness and create an atmosphere of cheerfulness surrounding you.....then who can't be bowled by your beauty !