Welcome your comments for SBS here, friends!!

Discussion in 'Step-by-Step Photos of Chitvish Recipes!' started by Chitvish, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I was going thro the How to ... about storing the dough for bread. You have given only 1 tbsp yeast for 6 cups of atta where as the original bread recipe has 1 tbsp yest for 2 3/4 cup. Is anything missing there? My friend was planning to come over and see bread making, so I thought I shall prepare.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varloo, no need to double the yeast. 1 tbsp is correct - that is tried & tested.
    With bread machine I use 1 tsp yeast only but the results are perfect.

3. gunjanbansal

gunjanbansal New IL'ite

Re: Step By Step photos for Useful Tips!

Cool drink out of these pineapples
    2-3 lemons
    black salt--according to taste
    blackpepper powder..according to d taste
    1/2 cup of water
    squeez d lemons and add salt n pepper, add this to the water and now add the syrup wid the pineapple peices..
    serve chilled

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    You know that I do not go the sweets section much. But today I was looking up Boondi laddu and saw the tip for making laddu- wring in a cloth. This tip will be very very useful to my sister inlaw, her finger bones are slightly curved inside her palm, making it difficult for her to keep her palm flat or making urundais. Bu still she makes many other things, makes balls for chappathi etc. But she cannot make sweets like laadus without someone's help. I shall tell her to try your tip and make some laadu to see it is convenient for her. Thanks a lot! You never cease to surprise me. I guess this tip was added later.
    I intend to make laddu and mixture, God willing.

5. Chitvish

Varloo, this tip was added 2 yrs back.
    Amma gave me this idea because she had seen cooks making big lddsus, wringing in thorthu mundus!!

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

HI Dear MOrning Mrs.Chithra,

Hope you are doing the best after seeing my msg!!

Anyhow, for thanksgiving holidays, got a chance to venture a new dish atleast to me, stuffed plaited bread. Knew it was posted during SANGA KAALAM, still,got a chance now only. Tried with two sets and absolutey fabulous. Shared with one of my friend one set and the entire family were so thrilled at the plaits. Wonder of wonders, that is all I can say as my kids also loved it to the core.

Have to say one important while baking, this time, put the tray in the opposite direction towards the door. Dont know coz of that, perfect heating with right brown color, zero smell of yeast and is that possible coz, changed the tray side or I am getting better?

Thank you and will come around soon.

kosuru seidhi: tried puli aval and it was so yummy, we all loved it very much though a simple one.

7. Chitvish

Oh dear Rama,
    I posted bread not in Sanga kalam, but in B C:rotfl :rotfl
    You did try it finally?? Thanks!!

Now, now don't imagine baking follows vastu shastra!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    I think the heating element should be in such a place as to give you a better bake.
    I don't dispute that you are getting better, rather more interested, too!!:hide:
    Thanks for the FB.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Chitvish ma'am has gone to her hometown and will return after about 10 days. During these days she would not be accessing this forum and hence this thread is closed for now.

It will be reopened, on her return.

Bye

9. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

hello Chitvish,
    Today tried the super mochapayuru sadam and that came out too well.. it was awesome with raitha
    planning to prepare ennakathirikai stuffed one using microwave today'

10. Chitvish

Thanks, Sapthu!!
    Bengaluru is famous for avarekalu & hence I can imagine how delicious it would have turned out :tongue