1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to my cool clean kitchen

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Deepali_deepali, Mar 21, 2009.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Deepali,

It is a nice thread. good ideas to keep the kitchen clean. keep posting. you are rocking ya.:thumbsup

2. krishnaamma

HI Chandra,

Your tip is too good. I have not tried like that. thanks for sharing with us.:clap:clap:clap

3. krishnaamma

Hi Vasundhara,

I too do the same thing. Aluminium foil helps me a lot in this. I used to change the foil once in 10 days.

4. krishnaamma

Hi Raji,

we recently shifted to our own flat in Bangalore. for that we checked many modular kitchen and then last we hired a carpenter to do as per our wish.
    It is so nice and cheap.

That is the best thing according to me. you go and see many varities of modular kitchen in the showrooms and also in internet. Then you choose or copy any one model from that and ask a carpenter to do so. surely he will do a good job. but he will take minimum 20 days to finish it. but worth to do so. because you need to spend 50% of the rate of the READY MADE MODULAR KITCHEN , when you hire a carpenter. ya. try and give me a feed back.

5. krishnaamma

Hi bloom,

to store veg. in freezer your fridge must be frost free fridge. I have already given this tip many times in many threads. I also attached green chilly photo in that . I will give that here also. see this.

In this attached picture you are seeing Green Chillies which I kept 35 days before. I think you can see ice on it. After you remove from the fridge, immediately you cut (it will be some what hard and you can even break it with your fingers.) and use for sambar or any thing.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  6. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

I am so glad to see your comments and the tips you've shared with us are very useful too..

Thanks again and keep sharing..

7. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

1. when silicone is used to make a water tight seal between the sink (or bathtub) and the walls, no matter how careful you are, black fungus (asperigillus) tends to grow on the silicone due to the humidity) and this is usually tough to remove. My trick is to rub the chlorox bleach pen on the clear silicone from time to time and then wash normally. Prevention is better than cure!
    2. use a fragrance and color free sanitizer spray on the kitchen counters and inside the microwave regularly keeps your kitchen germ free.

8. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

boil potatoes in your pressure cooker, see the stains disappear. i place an inner container in the my baby 3L pressure cooker to cook dal. then, i use the cooker itself to season and prepare the sambar. ofcourse, tomatoes and tamarind juice g ointo every sambar prep. my cooker is always shining, inside and out! be careful not to hit the rim with any metal, since it could cause steam to leak and then pressure wont hold...solution: use a wooden ladle while cooking!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  9. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

turmeric stains: soak in tide for awhile then wash off. works wonders

10. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

did you try stainless steel polish?