Weird spark - help me plz..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sathi1109, Jan 22, 2012.

1. sathi1109

sathi1109 Bronze IL'ite

The problem may sound funny but im weird.. I hav grown my nails bit lengthier than my fingers.. when I rub blanket using my thumb nail, sometimes I find spark coming from the blanket.. (7 out of 10 times I do find spark from it).. :drowning The spark would been seen only at nights (as itz dark).. It is a woolen blanket.. I found it accidentally by last week in the midnight.. Moreover I thought I would have dreamt it.. So I haven’t bothered much about it.. Even few days back I have noticed the spark (accidentally).. I thought it might be something like rays of light would be reflected nu.. :spin Intensely, yesterday I woke my DH and showed him about the spark.. He was wondering about it.. When he tried to rub with his nails in the blanket nothing came out.. :hide: Im going crazy by this spark.. So decided to post here.. I very well know some reactions take place.. kindly sort out this problem.. Wats wrong with my thumb nail? Share your thoughts friends..

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Sathi, it is the static electricity and is quite common in winters! Nothing to worry about - one way to avoid is by rubbing your palms together before you touch an object or other people. Plenty of information is available on Google if you search for "static electricity in winter"

Here's one explanation "Almost all of us are familiar with static electricity because we can see and feel it in the winter. On dry winter days, static electricity can build up in our bodies and cause a spark to jump from our bodies to pieces of metal or other people's bodies. We can see, feel and hear the sound of the spark when it jumps (http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/engines-equipment/vdg1.htm)"

Hope this helps!

3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

i guess it should be because of static electricity which quite commonly happens.

4. sathi1109

sathi1109 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much Srama, JGVR for your replies.. started to google it out about the static electricity..:thumbsup

5. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

ho ho ho hahahahaha he he he he LOL!!! :rotfl