Weird Ivf Cycle. Anyone Inputs?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by svkworld, Jun 20, 2016.

1. svkworld

svkworld New IL'ite

Hello Ladies - I am hoping some of you can help me understand what I am going through.
    Did my IVF last cycle on June 3rd with minimal stimulation since I had a normal pregnancy earlier. Got 2 eggs and 1 embryo fertilised. We did a 2-day embryo transfer and my 2ww ended on the 17th. However the blood test came negative and still no periods. But on day 16 I had slight spotting in the morning and I thought my periods are due anytime soon. It has been 2 days now and still no periods. Can there be a second implantation? Is this even possible?

I have no pregnancy symptoms. Can I be hopeful? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

@svkworld i dont have idea about this.but wait anyone from this forum will reply you. what your doc is telling ?try to speak with them once..

3. svkworld

svkworld New IL'ite

Thank you @neha. I met my Dr. after my negative blood test. She asked me to wait for another week and get a urine test done. If it came back negative then she has prescribed medicines to regulate my periods. But what I was unable to tell this second spotting which happened after I met her. Now she is on a 2 week visit to London. I am lost and don't know what to do.

4. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

no other doc is there in that hospital with whom you can consult?? any gync in that hospital? dont take stress be positive there might be a good news too..

5. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

have u taken HPT and blood test ? what it says

6. svkworld

svkworld New IL'ite

@neha - Yes, dr's are available. I just haven't decided to go to them yet. Just wanted to check if anyone had go through something like this.

@Purples - Yes. I did a blood test and it came back negative with very low hcg count which is why I had given up hope. But then I has slight pinkish not even brownish spotting on Sunday morning. Still no periods. Was wondering if a second implantation possible?

7. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

You check once again HPT and see. even I am not sure about second implant.

8. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello!

Since ur beta hCG is negative. I think the cycle is a negative one.
    Even if u would have a late implantation , it should have shown a lesser value on the blood test.
    Please speak to ur doctor.

Now the spotting u mentioned could be because of all the hormones u took to support mainly estrogen n progesterone.

And just to know, why did they do a day 2 transfer?

All the best !

9. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

What's the value of hCG on the report? Anything above 5 is positive.

10. svkworld

svkworld New IL'ite

Another weird thing happened this morning. I usually chart my bbt and I know it is very accurate for me. It has worked in the past with my pregnancy. So just out of curiosity I took the temp this morning and it showed 98.05. This is high. I aslo cross checked with my previous successful cycle and the temp is about the same.
    Now, what I am curious is if the harmones can have an effect on bbt as well?

I want to be hopeful but scared as well because everything I read about late implantation is not good.