1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

weightloss through nature cure

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pinky6, Jun 3, 2014.

1. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends, did anyone heard of Nature cure center in Dharmasthala(karnataka).....my cousin's wife lost 22 kgs in 3 weeks and she said that it's very nice and they teach us lots of yoga and kreya. ....am thinking of joining the course in december......If anyone have any information on this please share it here.....am struggling to loose weight because of thyroid.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

:eek :eek :eek
    Are you sure about the digits.

Know nothing about that concern,
    No intention in discouraging,but
    sorry to say,its absolute absurdity to loose 22kgs in just three weeks time,be its under the supervision of experts.
    This short term approach is unhealthy,unsafe success.infinite side effects in future.
    dunno whats the emergency behind those unhealthy approaches????
    Even the health experts/docs advise to shed only the fat thru safe weight loss programme.

Rapid weight loss and side effects
    • Loose skin
    • Gall stones
    • Liver issues
    • loss of lean muscles
    • Dehydration
    • Electrolyte imbalance
    • Headaches
    • Irritability
    • Fatigue
    • Dizziness
    • Constipation
    • Menstrual irregularities
    • Hair loss
    Can you say how long you can hold that strict diet plan????
    End Point---Saturation and frustration

Don't ever go behind these mimics of fake weight loss Promos.

unrealistic-weight-loss-goals-will-mess-you-up.jpg

If you adapt a crash diet plan ,sure you will loose weight.This is only muscle loss.when you are back to your normal food plan,you will gain weight again.
    Becose all the stored fat cells won't washed/fade away from the body.They stay there itself in a shrunken stage,waiting for a good change to expand again(under non-diet,no workout phase)
    For permanent weight loss,you need FAT LOSS and this is possible only with daily workout.

Recommended weight loss per week-1-2 pounds.

Experts agree that daily calorie reduction(moderate diet) combined with regular physical activity on most days of the week -- 60 to 90 of minutes of cumulative activity per day -- is the safest, healthiest goal for gradual weight loss.

Go for safe and long term permanent weight loss goal.

Adapt a healthy diet chart.
    Count on your daily food intake.(minimum of 1200 cals)
    Burn off more calories than you consume, thru exercise.

Please check this link:

What is a healthy amount of weight to lose per week?

PS:
    Here,there are so many success stories of our friends with thyroid and Pcos and with other health issues.Go through this forum itself to get more tips on
    "How to loose weight in a healthy way"

Nothing impossible with Defined Mind.
    Only you need determination.Consistency.Patience.
    Good luck.:thumbsup

funny-weight-loss-motivational-quotes.jpg

Thanks.

8 people like this.
  3. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Yashikushi thank a lot for the reply......my cousin's wife is obese and TTC for 6 years which ever doctor she goes they are advising her to reduce weight so they heard this nature cure centre in karnataka and she went there 3 weeks back and now she lost a good amount of weight(22kilos) ......The diet is papaya and lemon juice and they also teach us lots of yoga and they clear our toxins in the body and this what i heard from her......
    i am aware of the drawbacks of quick weightloss but because of thyroid I am really feeling hard to lose weight. ...and btw am not going for big numbers am happy if I loose 8 to 10 kgs....

1 person likes this.
  4. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

I have been to a nature cure centre in Hyderabad long time back(just a visit)..they had beds lined up in a room and provide food, medical attention etc..most of them come for detoxification or cure some ailments but yes people do go for losing weight...I also attended their lecture where they asked people to finish their dinner by 4 pm etc...i think they give mostly fruits, veggies and if you cannot sustain(they check BP etc daily to see the body's reaction to this diet) a single pulka and like wise...yes they teach yoga and other stuff too...

I would strictly suggest against joining it...It is literally like starving yourself with medical supervision for as long as you can and then only eat..its for the laziest of the lazy who do not want to spend effort to gain control over their body but want somebody to forcefully do it for them..also there is no guarantee that you will come out of it in good health(they don't give it)

4 people like this.
  5. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Hi vibha thank a lot for some more useful information......yes they would make us starve for longer time without any food but ask us to eat lots and lots of papaya if we are hungry.......Some times i think that I can follow same thing in the house......yes now i changed my mind to lose weight without going there....

2 people like this.
  6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Its well and good you knew the after effects.
    I too have hypo(thyroid gland removed 2012)
    YES,its a rough and tough journey with thyroid issues.

I never gained weight even after my thyroid surgery,but wished to be in Healthy group.
    For the past 3-4 months I'm struggling to shed the minuscule of 8kgs.(68.6)
    but not with any diet,as I'm having acute acidity problem.
    Stopped rice(having once in week),ice-creams and deep fried food.
    Normally I graze on fruits.So no strict diet or such.

First 4kgs in 2-3 months then plateau at 64.9(even the fat %),not even a gram for three weeks.
    BUT INCH LOSS(from xxl to large size):),now have to try Medium size tops.:biggrin2:
    Just wondered how this could be as i spent nearly 2.30hrs daily for workout.
    Evening -40' walk and 1.30 hrs gym workout(9-11am-personal training on alternate days)

So thought of make a way to hit that plateau a bit-Only possibility -Dieting.(which I hate for ever)shakehead
    Selected GM diet(another disaster):roll:
    First day itself its a failure.
    Second day 50% success,but I gave it off
    and 3rd day with my own diet plan.YAY!!!!!!!
    Started morning walk/jogging too.
    Lost 2.3 kg in a week.(62.6).Fat % down.
    BUT this is healthy,as its only 50% diet.

This improvement is only thru fast walking and moderate jogging.Infinite benefits gained.

My goal is to stand between 58-59.
    YES,there may be fluctuation,but never bothered about my weight now,as my fat % keep on decreasing.This is what actually I wished for.

Hmmmmm.Not bad.You need atleast 6 months to reach your goal
    Shake a bit and make a move.
    Try to loose 2kgs per month in slow and steady phase.

So I would suggest you:
    • Go for Inch loss=FAT LOSS for permanent weight loss.
    • First start walking for 20',then 40',this is the main key for the success.
    • Do some simple stretching exercises/Yoga
    • Pick a moderate diet chart including more of protein,fruits green salads,good fat,little of dry fruits/nuts,very little amount of carb.
    • Avoid high calorie food(junk foods/aerated drinks/deep fried stuffs)
    • If wished to have your fav food,do take, but little portion.Portion control plays major role in weight loss and gives you bulky benefit.
    • Instead of big meals,develop the habit of having small meals.
    • More and More of water.this is very important.
    • Be patient.You need atleast 2-3 months to spot the difference.
    • Even if don't,counter all your efforts as Healthy.
    • But I bet,sure you will make the MARK.
    All the best.[​IMG]

3 people like this.