Weight while TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happylife123, Feb 8, 2012.

1. happylife123

happylife123 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am taking medicine for hypothyroid for 7 years. TTC from this month.Weight 73 kgs and height 163. Doctor did not say anything about weight. Is it better if i reduce my weight before TTC or TTC with this weight itself?

My doc asked me to do a follicular study. Is it the first thing that needs to be done while TTC. Will that study be enough to know the health of my ovaries and uterus?

Doctor prescribed Folsafe tablet (Folic acid 5 mg). Please tell me other checkups/ things to be taken care before conceiving.

2. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hi Happy life,

I think, you should loose some weight so that you can hv healthy journey towrads motherhood...
    & first of all you should check on ur thyroid level... as I have read that thyroid is one of d thing that prevent from conceiving so better u check on it first.
    & regarding other tests... doc will suggest you for some blood test, hormon test & urin test on time to time basis...
    Yes the follicular study or ovulation study will be suffieint to knw size of ur eggs & uterus...

dont worry much be healthy, positive & do take gud care of yourself...

all d very best!!!

luv,
    Dharini

3. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi happylife,

Even i had TSH 17.6 and T4 0.58 when i started TTC...My weight was also in the higher side ...it was 71 kgs...i reduced it to 67 kgs in a month...without much strain...it automatically reduced as i began to use thyronorm 50mg ......my doctor asked me to reduce a few kgs in about 3 months...so that i can be ttc on those days...and i was also prescribed folic acid...but i conceived the same month(my doctor told me not to strain anymore but to keep it on control) with thyroid...my doctor prescribed duphaston till the end of the first trimester just to be on the safer side of pregnancy....i have not increased weight in there three months of pregnancy....but not reduced too...with proper medication+diet+walking...there will be steady decrease in the weight...

1 person likes this.
  4. happylife123

thanks for both of your replies.

staying positive and not worrying is the biggest hurdle now :-(

subha, congrats on your pregnancy

5. blessedgirl

blessedgirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear...

Me to in the same boat... my wt is 69.5 and my height is 168cm...am also trying to reduce my weight...but its not reducing..am doing some excercises and also under diet.. past 4yrs am TTC...i don't know what to do....

6. blessedgirl

blessedgirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear :) ,
    Really happy to hear this...could u pls tell me how u reduced your weight?..

7. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

hi happylife....
    thank you so much for your wishes...be positive...leave the rest to god's hands...he'll take of you...
    take care dear...lots of baby dusts to you...

8. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

hi blessedgirl,
    i think whenever i tried to be in diet and exercising before i started my medication...it will be big failure for me...now i guess its becoz of this thyroid...when my doctor prescribed me to take thyronorm 50mg daily in empty stomach...she also asked to do some exercises for atleast half an hour...but since its very difficult for me to do exercise in the morning...becoz of this household chores...i will be already fed up...and i will need some rest...so i used to go for walk atleast ½hour daily during ttc..(did that just for a month) to my surprise...i reduced more than 3 k.5 kgs in a month...and got conceived...do not drink ice cold water(my doctor told this)better to drink warm/hot water whenever thirsty...just try this...it worked for me...take care...

1 person likes this.
  9. happylife123

hi blessedgirl,

compared to me you are taller and also weight is less. since you said TTC for 4 years, did you consult a doctor? if not, please do it immediately. lots of baby dusts to you...

10. happylife123

hi subha,

thanks for the wishes. i liked 'lots of baby dusts to you...' going to use this wish to everyone who is TTC :)

am trying to be positive and happy.