1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Reduction..pls Help

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sweety82, May 20, 2018.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

My weight has been increasing a lot after delivery and my periods has become irregular. I have been trying to reduce my extra fat but it is becoming difficult. Can u Pls suggest some (not easy but simplified) ways to reduce weight?
    My craving for packed and fried foods has not gone down. How can I overcome this. When I see something fried I can't resist myself to try that. But again when I try, I can't resist myself to complete the pack. OMG. This is becoming worse. Whether everyday walking helps? Is that enough or should I do something to stop this. When I sit I feel so comfortable to sit for a long time. Pls suggest some alternatives for fried items. And ways to reduce weight . Thank you

Archanaanchan likes this.

2. Nimmsmile

Nimmsmile Silver IL'ite

Hi sweety.. I want to suggest something for ur query. Hope it's helpful for u.. Dialy morning once u wake up drink Cinnamon powder in one glass of hot water. Sure it reduces ur weight and remove fat from ur body... Try this for one month without fail. Then After u eat any deep fried things drink a glass of hot water. It's helps the fat won't store in ur body.. Instead of deep fried things try the recipe baked in oven... Keep your mind control for the eating habits... Relaxe yourself... Go walking if u had time... It's enough to reduce ur weight easily.... Think positive. Hope positive... Always be positive. U can able to loss the weight. All the best...

Sweety82 likes this.
  3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

hi nimmsmile,
    thank you for ur tips...hopefully i can take the cinnamon thing which u have mentioned.. :)

4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Irregular periods is a sign of hormonal fluctuations,visit a doctor to get your thyroid levels,other tests done and take medications if needed.One loses weight by creating a calorie deficit by incorporating two things simultaneously- exercising and eating right in controlled portions.Check your vitamins too and don’t forget to supplements as needed.

You can start with brisk walks and controlled portion size,later on upgrade yourself with other exercises (30 mins to an hour for 5-6 days a week) by including a variety of physical exercises such as running, yoga, Zumba, strength training with weights/body weights.

There are tons of home workouts on YouTube, you don’t need to enroll yourself in a gym unless you feel lazy to do it home.You could also try fitness DVDs.

For the diet - Drink lots of water,simply portion size your daily food.Eat 4 times a day every 4 hours- breakfast, moderate lunch, evening snack (baked/grilled), light dinner such as a good salad/fruit 2-3 hours before bed time.Also include buttermilk, coconut water in your diet.Avoid stocking unhealthy snacks/sweets at home.Download a good fitness app like healthfyme to track your diet and workouts, it helps.

Do not be in a hurry to lose a lot of weight in a short span of time with crash diets/fad diets etc. It will only slow down your metabolism leading to health issues. Aim to lose like a maximum of 1-2 kg per month.Your goal should be to lose fat while getting healthy with an increase in your stamina/energy levels.

Good luck

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Sweety82 likes this.
  6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Regarding weight loss there are many suggestions given by readers in this and other threads..apart from that one suggestion I have.
    If u are overly fond of fried food, don't keep it at home, don't buy fried stuff, especially deep fried or even make at home..
    If u have it in your kitchen or pantry u r more likely to munch on it and then slowly finish off the entire packet and regret later on once your craving is satiated.
    It's possible to make lot of stuff as baked or roasted snacks rather than fried ones.
    Better is to buy a very small Packet of chips and have it once a week or so on a "cheat day". Rest of the time follow proper diet and exercise regime.

Sweety82 likes this.
  7. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

@Sweety82,
    Until you give up on high fatty food cravings weight reduction is not going to come easy.
    Firstly , identify the high calorie food that you have been taking and try to bring that to control. Do it gradually. Try to exchange fried food first thing with something nutritious like a lot of fruits, steamed food, veggie bowls....etc
    Here's my weight loss Mantra:( everyone's body is unique and what works for one doesn't for others. Continuous researching can help!)
    1. Install App and track your food. ( I used Healthify me )
    2. Note the high calorie food that you have been taking on the app and limit the portions . Try to note the low calorie nutritious food and incorporate more portion size.
    3. Its often 'PROTEIN' with weight loss. More the protein and fiber lesser the carbs and fats easier the weight loss. But I somehow did not focus on the concept of macro nutrients ,I just switched to eating a balanced diet and eating everything nutritious and off course controlled over fatty food.
    4.a.In my diet plan , I had soaked almonds in the morning first thing.
    b. Breakfast : I cant take away the love for my south Indian breakfast. SO I had idli, dosa , avlakki, upittu ...But definitely cut down on the portions. I ate just right. Like I could still eat but I stopped there.
    c. Mid morning : I had a fruit. I often had the kiwis, grape fruit, Navel oranges, Apple, Pomogranate, peaches , apricot fruit, Melon, pineapple, Half Banana,pears, berries of all kinds..... One or two variety each day.
    d. small cup of rice, dal or sambar and vegetables.
    e. evening snack : vegetable salads, glass of milk /buttermilk, sprouts, puffed rice and veggie salad, Makhana
    f. early dinner vegetable salad bowl with a roti and lentil. Drank a cup of skimmed milk .

5. Have a lot of varieties in fruits and veggies and that definitely that helps.
    6. Drink a lot of water. At least 9-10 big glasses of water. You could squeeze in some lemon juice while you drink water.
    7.Take it easy on weekends. Have one meal of your choice irrespective of what it is . But definitely count on calories don overeat.
    8. Working out is a MUST!. Set a routine everyday for workouts. keep trying different workouts. Switching to similar workouts might bore you. You can choose to work out at home.
    9 Move as much as you can. Dont be stationary for long.
    10. You have options to choose a Dietitian and Fitness expert in Healthify me App. You will have packages and they will guide you with your diet and workout if you do think that you need somebody to drive you constantly to be focused with diet and exercise.
    Note: you need not stick to your Dietitian completely. Make necessary changes accordingly but at last you have to count on calories .

Watch a lot of inspirational videos to boost up. I wish you all the best. I was able to go down nearly 8 kilos and i dint feel i had changed much with my diet, except that i did watch out on what i ate and if i ate right and healthy and did not put up too much of unhealthy fats!!