1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Snehal852, May 9, 2016.

1. Snehal852

Snehal852 New IL'ite

Myself Snehal Sawant I am college going girl and I love to travel with friends but because of my weight issues from past some year and I am not able to go for outing .I have tried a lot losing the weight with various techniques and also some home made solutions but all went into vain.Because of these I am facing depression also.So please suggest some suggestion for these problem I want to get rid of it.

GeetaKashyap and Sindhuja12 like this.

2. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Here are some tips from myside and which i am following!!!

Always be positive. Love yourself.

Go for healthy weight loss. Be honest and hold yourself accountable.

Always count your food calories.

Food scale and weighing things in grams (and ensure nutrition info is accurate on your diary entries).

Avoid White color foods(Sugar, white rice etc), processed foods (packed foods), junk foods.

Set short term and long term goals.

Remember weight loss is slow and steady process.

Wight loss can be achieve by 70% diet and 30% Exercise.

Making foods and meals from scratch instead of buying processed foods.

Divide your meals by Breakfast, Snack, lunch, Evening Snack and Dinner.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.

Always have a healthy breakfast content of proteins and fiber foods.

Daily do 30 minutes walking, have sleep at least 8 hours.

All the best!!!!

3. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Everyone will say take good diet and do exercise. But you will have to be damn serious to get results with both because everyday I see obese girls exercising in the gym for last many months but the results are almost negligible (Of course their stamina would be better than before but not much success in terms of weight loss).

You better go to a doctor and get your tests done to find the actual problem of your obesity. You might have hormonal imbalance.

And stay positive always, you can do it.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. Anusuya

Anusuya Silver IL'ite

@ shivani29
    even if we start exercising, u ll not get immediate results with in few months, i agree with u that most of us who spend time in gym have gained much staminna, rather than weight loss.
    i feel weight loss is a misconception, what i believe is u need to maintain a constant weight over a period without major variation in weight.
    to maintain constant weight in view of health we need to exercise everyday, have balanced food, drink much water, get enough sleep n finally u need to live stress free life.

GeetaKashyap and Sindhuja12 like this.
  5. Sindhuja12

Sindhuja12 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sneha, Don't worry, Drink more water, Eat Vegetables and Fruits. Avoid Junk foods and follow the Usual diet. Do some simple Exercises and prefer Walking, you will be fit soon.

Regards,
    Sindhuja,
    Chennai.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  6. PRM575

PRM575 Bronze IL'ite

@Snehal852 : you have indicated that you want to reduce your weight. So assuming that you are overweight, but are you grossly overweight? Then exercise is secondary - proper diet is what you should focus on.

Itsmylife143 has already indicated a few wonderful steps. At the same time let me warn you that any diet that deprives you of nutrition would harm you, even if you are losing weight. Hence try to eat food that are nutrituous, healthy. Do not starve

As far as exercise is concerned, walking is the best. Or else alternate sprints with walk - a good trigger for weight loss. Since you are a college going kid, sprinting should not be a problem for you

Being a person who have walked this path, if you (or for that matter, any others) are interested I can write more on the diet and exercise part in this thread

GeetaKashyap, Anusuya and Sindhuja12 like this.
  7. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

hi,
    I see in above posts, most have recommended to take good diet and do exercise. Although it does help but does not shed those kilos ladies.
    Reason, Slow metabolism n Stress.
    I see today a lot of people are stressed n do not take much rest.
    Plus their family responsibilities keeps them pre-occupied n they have no time for any sports or outdoor hobbies. Its a very tough task to loooooose weight for 90% of people. Isn't it?

GeetaKashyap, PRM575 and Anusuya like this.
  8. SummerCity

SummerCity New IL'ite

counting food calories must be really depressing, I don't think it is a good idea

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Hello! I experienced the same issue a year ago. I just follow this tips and it really helps. Go here.

10. shreyasingh

shreyasingh Bronze IL'ite

Hi, the best thing I can suggest you to do is to replace your breakfast with Nutrishakes by Oriflame and see for sometime. This will help you curb your hunger till noon and you want to chewing on anything unhealthy forsometiem. Yes, it's true! My niece weighs 70kgs and she is just 20 years old. Her mom got her Nurishaes and Omega 3 capsules from Oriflame. She has been taking it regularly for over a month now. She has also joined the gym. This is helping her in every way. you can try it too.