1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. indiangirl

indiangirl New IL'ite

Hey gals,
    I would like to join too. here you go my details. My problem is I lost weight several times and am coming back to 130 lbs. One thing that I cannot stop no matter how much I try is eating sweets I just love them and cannot resist, everytime I do good for couple of months then I eat like crazy. Getting motivated will help a lot.

Height - 5.4
    Weight - 130 lbs
    Ideal weight - 117 lbs
    Need to loose - 13 lbs

The Diet I am following from today is

Breakfast - one cup fat free milk without sugar, fruit
    Lunch - 1 cup rice, curry & curd
    Dinner - 1cup rice,curd and curry - working on changing this to chapathi
    Snacks: baby carrots
    I started drinking hot water too.

Excersice - yoga for 30 mins - 1hr.

2. vanmug

vanmug New IL'ite

Hi all!

Very nice to see that a weight loss team has been formed. I am also in the same group and need to shed like 30 kilos. But I have been advised by the doctor to aim at only 250gms a week which is about 1 kilo a month and to keep it off permanently.

For this I have been following a few things which I would like the other experts of this group to read through and suggest any changes.

1.I am very religiously taking half a cup of luke warm water with half teaspoon of cinnamon powder(dalchini/dalchina chekka) and half lemon every day in the morning 30 min before breakfast.
    2. The other thing is limiting the rice intake to only once a day and that too in the afternoon.
    3. Eating only fruits for dinner
    4. Breakfast is mostly oats with low fat yoghurt or a fruit smoothie with milk proteins and a boiled egg.
    5. Drinking 2-3 cups of green tea and atleast 1 cup of white tea per day
    6. Other than rice for lunch I would take a sandwich stuffed with keera and some tuna fish.
    7. Alternate days I am walking for 1 hr on treadmill(alternate days because I am very occupied at the University)and also doing some weight training exercises.

During the first month I lost nearly 1.5kilos and could keep it away.
    Encourage me in this long journey of weight loss and any suggestions are welcome. By the way my problem is PCOD and that made me gain these 30 extra kilos because I am on hormones. It will be interesting to know if anyone else has a similar problem and what they are doing to keep the weight away.

cheers
    Pranuthi

3. pallavisurapaneni

pallavisurapaneni New IL'ite

hi lathamurali,
    even my son's birthday is on feb 24th.

4. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Aabhi,
    nice thread,you are doing a good job motivating others..even I would like to join.let's motivate each other..

My
    Height - 5"5'
    Weight - 65Kg( 142 lbs to 144 lbs, dependng on when I check in a day)
    Need to loose - 10 Kgs

The Diet below I am following from past one month( did not see much change in weight)
    also my problem is I get up late around 8.30am so my
    first intake will be around 9.00am(including water)

Breakfast - oat meal with one cup fat 1% milk+1tsp honey OR just milk with sugar + banana OR peice of bread
    Lunch - 2 chapathis OR ragi OR brown rice with veg + non veg curryies
    Dinner - soup OR salad OR rice + veggies+ curd OR pasta OR noodles
    Snacks: cucumber, apple banana or nuts through out the day( some times cookies, gronola,crakers)
    I can't able to drink warm water. I prefer cold water
    Excersice - going to gym everybody burn atleast 350 to 500 calaories( 6 days a week) + strength training for 15 mins

let's do it ladies:thumbsup
    Tulasi

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Aabhi:

Congrats for starting a wonderful thread!! Count me in your team.

Height - 4.11
    Weight - 80 kgs
    Ideal weight - 60 kgs
    Need to loose - 20 kgs
    Exercise - 45 mins playing badminton in the evenings

Thanks,
    Nikhath

6. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi gals,

Glad to see more & more members in our WL team. I welcome all the new members. Thanks for the participation. This proves that we are all finally committed to shed all those extra loads on us.

7. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi sumi,

It's good that you've already reduced your intakes. But I think, you should have some BF along with carrot juice. Just 1 or 2 idly or bread toast. Just one piece at least. But never to skip.

I too have a treadmill same like you and I am walking (not able to jogg) for 45 mins. 1 hour is really too much for me, I do not have that stamina. For 45 mins itself I struggle a lot :bang:bang, I sweat a lot and my breathing goes on a rocket speed. Let see, how Iam going to manage. My another big problem is dinner, as soon as I reach home from office I am very very hungry and eat all kind of baddies. I should put an end to this right from today onwards.

Let us know your results.

8. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Indian girl,

Welcome. I feel you are in a much much better position that us. I mean your targetd weight loss is just 6.5 kgs (correct me if it's wrong). Which I think is quiet achievable. You can join us on our first 5 Kg batch. You diet & exercise seems fine. Keep moving.

And don't worry about motivation any more. We are all here to motivate.

9. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hey pranuthi,

Welcome to our WL team. Same pinch, me & you have the same target & same difficulty. My targeted weight loss is 30 kilos and I have PCOD. But my weight loss was not due to PCO's, that's only because of my over eating & zero exercise. Iam under medication, doctor's have prescribed Glycophage 500 mg twice a day. But, it's not helping. What kind of medication you are in ? Are you having some hormonal balancing medicines? Write me more about this..........

Your diet & exercise regime looks perfect. As you said, it's a long way to go. You & me are going to be the finalist to finish with our team....... ha ha ha. Let's do our best pranuthi.

10. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,

Happy to welcome you as a team member. So, you need to loose 10 kilos. Excellent........... Let's do it. It's going to be easy.. what to do, we have to fool our mind like this. Pretending ourselves that we enjoy loosing weight :mad:

You didn't tell us about your diet or exercise plan. Please share with us. So, we are in the first 5 kg batch.