1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weight gaining food 7 months Baby.

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sami388, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Sami388

Sami388 Junior IL'ite

Hello all,
    My Daughter is about 7 months. i need her to put on some more weight. Please share some ideas and foods that i can include in her daily diet.
    Now a days I am giving her Banana, Gerber Rice cereal, Khichari(daal+rice+ some carrot) and Wheat apple cerelac.
    I am thinking to add Oat cereal in her diet.
    what more should i add in her daily diet for shiny skin and more weight ???

2. Sampree

Sampree New IL'ite

Hi,
    Hope your daughter is still on baby formula, if you are not nursing. Baby formula or mother’s milk should provide the needed calories along with the solid foods that you mentioned. It is better to introduce varieties of bottled food veggies and fruits, so she develops a taste for different veggies & fruits. When my kids were 9-10-month old babies, (along with formula and Gerber food), I started introducing a tiny bit of whatever I cooked for dinner (mashed and mild), like pasta, dosa, idli, dal, potatoes, rasam, veg soup etc :) so they got a taste of home. When they started developing teeth, I just gave them the home food a bit chunkier. By 1.5 years, they were mostly eating regular home-made dinners, along with regular milk.

Whatever you give, please don’t add additional sugar, salt etc.

Please talk to the doctor. If the pediatrician thinks your daughter is underweight she/he would have addressed her/his concern. If there is no concern, don’t worry too much about baby's weight. Each baby is different :)

It is really important for the babies to be energetic, happy, healthy and gaining normal weight at their own pace.

Hope it helps! Happy motherhood!

3. Nandini786

Nandini786 Junior IL'ite

Just give your kid the proper diet by consulting your doctor...

4. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Havevu started giving raggi porridge? I used to give for my daughter when she was 7-8 months old, once a day during day time. It givrs good strength to the child. Though mu daughter was thin, she used to be strong. Remember to add a spoon of ghee to this porridge