1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

weight gain foods for 4.5 yr old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Khushi78, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

My 4.5 yr old son is quite skinny. Though a happy and active child, he has lost 2 kgs weight in the past few months(he was not ill or anything but started playing outside extensively). Pediatrician has put him on zincovit and some calcium syrup. All he loves is Bread, potatoes, eggs, chicken, cheese and rice . Likes jam and nutella also but weight has reduced. i have dewormed him also recently.
    Ladies give me ideas to feed him right so that his weight increases.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Dear,

Why u want to make him look healthy( or fat)???? As far as I know, being healthy is wat is most important. I have met few doc. who advise that as long as ur child is moving around and is active, it means they are healthy and there is nothing to worry out.

1 person likes this.
  3. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

@vanivyas Thanks for the views. I dont want him to look fat. Concern is that at this age he lost weight. He lost 2 kgs as compared to his weight during the last pediatrician visit. Thats y am a little more worried.

4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Adding ghee to dal rice,Bananas, Boiled eggs(only 3 to 4 per week), whole milk (twice daily) or yogurt may help to increase weight.

Better to limit sugary foods like jam,nutella.