1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weighing Scale - NO Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

View attachment 130231
    Oh, my God, what did you do to yourself. I liked the chubby you better was the outrageous comment from one of my friends, who saw me recently after 4 years. when I look back at the before and after pictures, her comment felt really out of place and I was trying gauge if everything was normal with her to love my before person.. lol.:spin

It takes a lot of will power to not step on the weighing scale once it starts the movement in the -ve,everyday and a lot of courage to step on to see it soaring away +ve and I always had the fear of stepping on it, and there were days I would have given anything to see a dent in the figure. I maintained my weight at the same level for six years though it was not the recommended weight.

Yes I am talking about the weight loss. I have been struggling so much with the weight loss issues for the past 10 years, and now it has become a war. As I have already mentioned, in a few posts and blogs, I have been doing all the right things but have not been seriously focused is what I feel when I sit back analyze my way of doing things.

After an insulting and rude sitting with the dietician recommended by a very concerned cardiologist, I had my enlightment that I needed to really do SOMETHING more than what I was doing.. and that something was nothing but being more motivated and FOCUSED.

The journey of a focused weight loss regime started during the months of December 2009. I consciously started looking into my diet, my ways of doing things, my exercise regime as I was frequently told by cardiologist that what I do inside the home, like cleaning, cooking does not come under exercise, and I need to really exercise.??@@#:rant

With the health issues, spinal injury which did not allow me to go to a gym, or use the treadmill or any other exercise methods, I just walked, slowly not like the one that makes you sweat, but a slow rhythmic walk with the swinging of hands, and on the terrace of my home in circles.

There has been a dominoes effect because of my focused regime. My daughter and son have lost the chubbiness and have moved into a healthier bmi, and are conscious about the importance of maintaining the weight in terms of its direct influence on health, drinking more water and exercise.

Today is the first week of December 2010, I have lost 15 kgs and have 8 more kgs to be lost in 2011, and a dress size to decrease.

Thanks to IL, which was a party to my weight loss. Lot of people to look upon to for inspiration shvap_786 (Vahee), Shiva, pman, Alpa. Chitvish maam, who showed that food for the diet conscious could be the tasty and yummy. My confession thread friends who were there to help me out of bad patches..k2s, ami, aswini, akila…Thanks to all of you guys who helped me and others who were just there with me during my journey.:bowdown

Well hope next year I come back to say that yes I reached my target, though slow but steadily.

As always signing this blog off with IF I COULD DO IT, YOU CAN, to all those who are trying to lose weight..stay focused:cheers…

(cartoons : source internet)

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi dear,

I knew this blog was coming :)
    That friend's comment could have been genuine. Some get used to seeing your near and dear one how they have been for the years and would love to see them that way always. I have experienced that with my akka who is chubby.

But considering the health issues, yes maintaining a weight and remaining healthier is very important.

In the early few months of this year, I suddenly got weight conscious and was stepping on my weighing scale hehe. But now, am a bit relaxed :-D. You are so right, regular physical exercise does make a change in us.

Congrats on your weight loss success. I know from you, that its possible to do it..in a healthy way.
    All the best for the target next year.

Bye

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

My dear Shanvy

I am so so happy to see you writing about your weight loss journey...

You have done a wonderful job to bring back the beautiful and young you.

Looking forward eagerly to read your trials and experiments which made you make it possible....Please keep writing everything what you remember you did from dec 2009 to this day...will sure help so many get inspired . will you ????? Please.....

shiva, pman and you have proved that there is nothing is impossible....THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR BEING HERE

[​IMG]

4. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Shanthi akka, Congrats on losing 15 Kgs! You have crossed 2/3rd of your path! Just 1/3rd to go!
    And we will all lose weight together! :)

5. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthiji,
    Yes I have read about your weight loss journey in weight loss thread.
    I saw your photos also, you are looking much younger in that green and orange salwar suit.
    Hearty congrats!

Love Thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Shanti,

I loved this blog. I loved your after snap in orange and green salwar. You keep rocking

7. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Shathi dear...

Anything regarding weight loss i never missed to read... when i sawyour post in weightloss thread i went running to see yur pics , it was really a great achievement... so next summer visit sure i'm gonna see you slim and trim... inspite of all these hurdles(health issues) your achievement is remarkable.... as always you have become again a role model for your kids in weight loss also... all the best to loose few more pounds and reach your target weight...

thanks and happy to know even i'm one among the insipiration to weight loss... even i always thank IL for being so much supportive to my weight loss..

8. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,

Congrats. Wow 15 kgs, you are awesome.

I am sure you will hit your target soon dearie.

I loved reading your blog post :)

Lots and lots of love to you. You are a real inspiration.

regards

Shiva

9. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Absolutely wonderful ! Keep going and keep inspiring us :)

10. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shanvy,
    omg 15kgs!!!!!!!!!congrats.......grt.though i have been interacting with u on shiva's thread i didnt know that u have lost this much wt......
    i enjoyed reading ur blog.....nice one