wedding planning

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sinduukm, Sep 27, 2010.

1. sinduukm

sinduukm New IL'ite

Hi..I would like to take up wedding planner as my career..I have got few experiences in organising events in college functions.I would like to know the procedure for me to take up the job.If any special qualifications are required please do let me know.Im realy intrested in this field but i have no proper guidence...If anyone can guide me it would be of a great help.awaiting response.

2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sindhu,
    [JUSTIFY]
    Its good to know you want to be a wedding planner.As you are clear in what to do you can give ads in local area newspapers.Like pillar talks,vadapalani times like that.You can also seek mandapam/hall manager & give your business card to distribute to people who come to book mandapams.Listings in yellow pages are open now & you give ad if you are planning to flourish in a big way.You can take up event management course or any entrepreneurship course.Contact MSME in guindy as they offer many entrepreneurship courses excuslive for women.Look for ads in newspapers for MSME courses or check their website http://www.msmedi-chennai.gov.in/MSME/Chennai.jsp Im not sure about Event management courses in chennai.I will check out & tell you..
    [/JUSTIFY]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  3. ruchibatra9

ruchibatra9 New IL'ite

Hi, If you want to take up wedding planning seriously as a career, try and intern or work with some experienced wedding planner of your city. After you have some experience in Indian wedding planning and all the nuances, you may start working on your own or even employ people to work for you.

Destination weddings and wedding planners are becoming very popular in India and the filed is sure to grow.

All the best.