Wedding Planning - Suggestions Welcome

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by GoodVibesOnly, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GoodVibesOnly

GoodVibesOnly Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :blush:

As you all provide great suggestions always, I hope to get some input in to my wedding venue & preparations.

My marriage date has been fixed for mid June 2017, we originally planned on celebrating the wedding in Hyderabad. Nonetheless, due to my mother's persistence, as it has always been her wish to celebrate her daughters wedding in Tirumala, Tirupati. We happily agreed to have the ceremony in Tirumala, however due to the short amount of time, we are finding it difficult to find a wedding hall along with a wedding planner that communicates on constant basis. We are expecting roughly 250-300 guests to attend.
    I was wondering if anyone of you celebrated your wedding in Tirumala ? What was your experience like? Any wedding planners/ contractors recommendations? Wedding Halls recommendations? Accommodation?

As my family & I are based in US, along with most of our relatives it would be difficult to check physically in location most of the time, so a great recommendation for a wedding planner would be welcome.

Finally, although we are not aiming for a extravagant wedding, we would like to make it sophisticated & elegant within our means, so what kind of wedding budget should we aim for? (Excluding the wedding sarees, jewellery, gifts - as we already have a set budget for this :blush:)

Thank you in advance for all your suggestions & recommendations, I know I have asked a lot of questions but your recommendations are much appreciated.

2. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Weddings in tirumala are pretty common and mostly happen all round the year. There are 2 ways to book the wedding hall- apply through TTD or visit any of the mutts and book. For both you need to be physically available. Google marriage contractors at tirumala and there's loads of information.
    Whether you book at the mutts or TTD, they will allot to you a certain number of rooms. Apart from that you can book more rooms in nearby mutts as accommodations through TTD is tough.
    Congratulations and enjoy your wedding

sindmani and GoodVibesOnly like this.
  3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

hai, congratulations!
    hardly two months left for the marriage, you need to hurry up to book the marriage halls through on line bookings. try to catch up with the authorities in the TTD INFORMATION CENTERS if available in US.
    or
    send a mail with your requirement request to TTD INFORMATION CENTER IN INDIA.
    or
    there is a LIVE programme on every first friday of every month, on SVBC channel, where you can talk to the EXECUTIVE OFFICER directly, he will guide you. watch that channel regular, you will find a scroll with important telephone numbers & few guidelines about TIRUMALA, which may be helpful to you .
    good luck & happy wedding

4. Kulfee

Kulfee New IL'ite

Hello OP!

In the same situation as you were. Would you mind connecting?

Thanks!