1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weak ribs and bones

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Sahmaara, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My mother is 64 yrs old and she has been having bone problems. She was complaining of leg pain when upon diagnosis it was found that her L1 bone in the back is rubbing against and pressing one of her veins, causing the pain. She also has weak ribs. But, she is a super-active lady..yes, we know how our moms are :)..they want to do everything on their own, w/o thinking that they are no longer young :)...so no issues related to lack of exercise n all...also, she claims she drinks 2 glasses of milk

can you please tell me what foods she needs other than milk to increase her calcium intake? or any effective medicine? i m stressing the effective part because she has been taking some alopathy medicine, which i doubt is doing any good to her...any ayurvedic tips/food/medicine??

thanks a ton!

2. santhanarayana

santhanarayana Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My father and Mother both had joint pain (Osteoarthritis), also my friend grandmother had joint pain.Glucosamine 7 has done wonders. I had given this along with Bio-C and protein powder. Both of my parents did not feel the difference in pain in first two months. I insisted them to take in the third month. At the end of third month they were absolutely pain free. Now they are taking them regularly. Also friend grand mother was reluctant to take initially but now she is demanding them to get her the supplements. Now she is walking without walking stick. Let me know if you what to try this to your mother.