We, senior citizens are worth a fortune !

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chitvish, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

The following appeared in the " Hindu Metroplus" dated June 17th. I have very slightly modified it from second person to first person, because I am one myself !

"Who said old age is boring ? Remember, with silver in our hair, gold in our teeth, stones in our kidney, lead in our feet and gas in our stomach, we are worth a fortune " !

My young Friends, never underestimate us ! The status of senior citizen is not always dull and boring. On some days I think 24 hours are not enough. We just need to keep ourselves physically and mentally fit. I am as old as I feel ! Developing a taste based on individual preferences,we can keep boredom at bay.

We learn by experience " not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it". We only pray for gracious energy and enthusiasm .

I love the following lines of Victor Hugo
    What a grand thing, to be loved!
    What a grander thing still, to love!

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

U Rock!!!

That was simply fab Chitra :) I just loved the first line!! Must say, it gives the young at heart a metallic sheen........ :rotfl

L, Kamla

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

those were grt lines chitra,

dear chitra,
    how very true if only the younger understand us and give us the oppurtunity and the importance we would still be worth a million.....the experiences of so many years is any day required ....my grand mother was a walking pharmacy of herbals..u tell her u have a headache and she will immediately shoot off what herbs to make decoction and drink...very sorry missed out on all those wish had made a nice book on all that any day helpfull....very nice of u to mention abt the older citizen we have so much energy we could make it more and more usefull to others.....keep it up as usual u r filled with so many wisdom and so good for this IL they r really blessed to have u around to help them in so many ways....regards sunkan

4. Chitvish

Thankyou, Kamla & Sunkan !

Oh, I did'nt mean it to be an interaction, exclusively between Senior Citizens !
    We seem to be patting ourselves on our back !
    I wonder , whether the " less senior" citizens agree with us at all - or, are they feeling " j......" of us ??!!
    It is more with them in mind, that I posted this !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

You are the pearls!

The grain of sand, trapped into an oyster, took years to become a valuable pearl! Oh, senior citizens, you are the real wealth belonging to your family and the treasure of our society!

6. Chitvish

Thankyou, Safa !

A small correction Safa, besides our biological family, we feel an equal or more belonging to our " I L family !"
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You Have Given Your Life's Statement, Chitra

Dear Chitra,
    All of us who are young (including people like me who think so) have a nagging fear of our own old age. There is a real fear in us that we might not be loved, respected or even understood by people who matter to us.
    You have, both by the message you have posted and the life you are living, dispelled those fears and have made us look forward to growing old.
    Every one gets old; but very few grow old. Life is beautiful when you grow old and ugly when you simply get old.
    Thanks for the message of inspiration.
    You are now giving recipes for good life and they are as wonderful as the recipes you post in Ask Chitvish.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. Chitvish

"Break ke baad' vaapas aa gaye ?

Dear Sridhar,
    Why, long time, no hear ??!!
    So my post pulled you out of your " self-imposed" absence from our dear I L community - ha ha ha, I am so happy !
    Stay " tuned" Sridhar - I L, chodke nahin jaana !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Inspiring!

Chitra,

Your message to us senior citizens is inspiring! We do need such tonic when we stop for breath and look around like some one lost.I liked the
    saying of Victor Hugo. By that it is evident you are well read! Such
    wonderful personalities like you should live long to be a living inspiration to old and young alike.
    Today noon I will be taken as chief guest by a popular 'Laughing club'; your reflections have given me food for the lecture i am supposed to give. I hope to use the quotation used by you,and pass on the accolades!Thank you

10. Chitvish

Appreciation from a person, no less than, the only " Anupama" ! - I am thrilled !

Dear Pankaja,
    We, senior citizens , do not want diamonds and chocolates ( not that they are not welcome, if they come our way ! ). Most of the things we want are not materialistic! We only want an identity of our own, which, sadly, is not available off-the-rack !
    Thanks for your post Pankaja, I feel honoured.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.