1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We Propose God Dispose

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Sharada- shocked, tearful and was many a negative emotions bundle today. Her journey took a somersault and turned her back to a life that she did not want in the first place.
    She went over to the office and left the message that her mother has taken seriously ill and so she may have to leave immediately. The mutt people did not ask any thing further –approved her leave request and she left with the luggage that she had, a carry bag and a box. She called the auto got into and left <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Pondicherry</st1:City></st1:place> for good.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Through her journey tear filled, she thought about her life so far. How her father unable to take care of the family of five children and a wife, committed suicide as he was unable to pay the loan. The children were left behind with the burden. The land of five acres and crop cultivation of rice which saw them through, the unpredictable rain lashed out the standing crop and they were unable to redeem their loss. She decided to join the ashram. At least it was better – after all one number less in the house to feed. Her brothers were of the opinion that girls were going to be a problem as they did not earn anything and their education was also not up to the mark, though her sister had been studying through her scholarship, she cannot vouch for the rest to do so. Her three brothers took up various jobs like one joined as a mechanic, and one a tea shop, and the other had taken the help of his friends and left for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">dubai</st1:place></st1:City>, with no news at all.
    She reached home on a rainy day, the day seemed to know and understand her inner turmoil and weeped along with her. She saw her mom transformed beyond recognition. All this poverty seem to have worked under her skin, which had been a beauty on her own, though the smile was the same and the twinkle in her faded eyes inviting. She rushed to her and hugged her crying. Her mother found something wrong but kept silent as over the years life had taught her not be emotional but take things as it comes.
    Lakshmi her chechi took holiday and stayed along, they made their favourite food of avial and some thoran and her favourite pachadi, and all had meals together. The brothers though were worried did not show any and left for the job. Though all were curious to know the reason for her return, they gave her the time to open up on her own.
    It was evening and both she and chechi left for the temple and on her way lakshmi asked what happened, and sharada broke down immediately. The shock and unexpected attitude of the acharya who was so famous the world over, had left her spell bound and defeated in her illusion of his personality.
    It was the evening prayer time and all the brahmacharinis sat in a line inside the hall and they were so immersed in the bhajan that she did not notice she was sitting too near to the acharya. So all were singing in high pitch and there was a full fervor as the hymn left all in an elated emotion light on the head and mesmerized. Suddenly; she felt a hand go inside her blouse and hold her breast for a moment, and, when she opened her eyes in shock the acharya signaled for her to be silent with a finger on his lips. She immediately got up and left the hall, all her bhakthi towards the mutt went down the drain. None would believe if she were to accuse, so the only other option was to leave the ashram for good. Her sister understood her and both left the temple with a heavy heart, who would believe even if she were to inform about this in the house so they left it and decided it was never to be told. The acharya was a very well known international figure with CD’s and video’s taken about his speech. He also gave lectures all over <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">U.S.</st1:place></st1:country-region>
    Today sharada is a lecturer, she finished her college and is a married person with her collegue madhu acharya used to give lectures in ashram, financed her education and a job through his influence and they have a wonderful son who still sang his English rhyme as “jack and jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water, valliya bucket of water”…..<o:p></o:p>

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Nice one, Sunkan. I loved the last part of 'valliya bucket of water'. Children are singing English rhymes mixed with Malayalam these days. In this case, God's disposition was favourable, right? Enjoyed this piece. Keep blogging.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes vidya,
    this episode is of a friend of mine and i loved that kid a lot, but the frustration of the parent was taken out on the child and he used to get beaten for their anger against each other, and for any reason she used to beat him up, i used to feel very bad and i enjoyed his company in the evening for all big things is was a valliya and this rhyme is still very fresh in my mind...i also read savithri in their house which speaks a different language, not the sathyvan and savithri but the recycle of birth but could not read it full, but for the few pages made me realise what the rest could be...sunkan

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

hi sunkan,
    I cant believe it... Acharyas doing such things... Sometimes it leaves a bad taste in the mouth... I appreciate that lady for leaving the ashramam and coming good in life...

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear veda if you knew his name you would go phat and sit down he is that famous...sunkan

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sunkan,

I think I know who it is...will tell you when sometime...One thing for sure from experience, the eyes of a person can never hide a lot...if you know how to read the eyes..be it a guru, acharya or anybody...again my opinion

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

kadavulenndru ninaithu
    vaazhkayin kasapputhanai
    maranthu
    kanavu pola nanavaai
    geethamo gaanamo
    minnaladithu sendratho
    saamiyarum
    manithanendru
    athuvum arpa puzhu manithanendru....

sathya

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Again a question arises whom to believe??..... Acharyas doing such things?? Really sorry for the girl but she is really brave to come out and do something for herself. Now a days there is no person whom we can trust.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sad enough to read such an incident took place in a mutt.
    But these are the people who bring disgrace to the whole ashram and acharyas as a whole.

sriniketan

10. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sungan,
    I do not know whether you have written a true story or fiction but as far as the incident is concerned, most acharyas of today are like that, so what if they come from the brahminical order? One of my relatives daughter did undergo such a sordid tale.