1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to irritate In Laws who are irritating u.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rams22, Apr 24, 2013.

1. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Whatever I do , she is still happy to be with us and irritate me. I can't tolerate her. She is not even telling about going back. What to do? I don't want to live with so much hatred towards her. Daily one or the other thing she says to irrite me. I think my way of trying to irritate her is not working.I just want to make her feeling like to go back and not to come here to stay again!!
    Thanks

2. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Finally she went back. I feel so releived. I was following the be patient attitude. I closed my ears for anything she said.I and dint open my mouth unnecessarily, I tried to engage in something..whenever I was the with her alone, But still she kept on irritating meBut it almost did not affect me this time except for some situation.She tried to take the control over certain things ,but i did nt allow her.I did nt even tell her when I was on my periods during which she consider a woman as untouchable!! I tried to find some time only for dh and me daily after dinner by going out for walk.
    Still I wish she would never like to come to stay with us. But before leaving she told my husband that she feel bad for going back. What does that mean. She is not at all irritated with my non violence attitude!!!!!Ohhh God!!!
    Tks

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@helpme...don't do anything to irritate her...do things that give you happiness. You are more likely to achieve your goal faster.:whistle

bluerainbow, guesshoo, nb25 and 2 others like this.
  4. Thebull

Thebull New IL'ite

Hi everyone!!! m so glad to have read this thread. Now i know i am not the only one having a shark in my ocean....well most of them are struggling with one :boo:

I had an inter religion wedding, n i live with my in laws who force their religion on me....more than forcing their religion they want me to disgrace and disrespect mine which is the worst. They say once m married its my responsibility to believe my husbands religion by default....now tell me how can someone's belief change over a marriage. I had both religion wedding rituals...I am a Hindu and on the wedding day they made me remove my wedding bangles and mangalsuthra :cry:.....i was shattered emotionally on my wedding day. My Husband s drowned in gratitude as they have allowed us to get married and he feels we need to sacrifice more for them because they have accepted this inter religion wedding and now they have allowed me to stay with them. But the truth is keeping this point my MIL is taking full advantage. How do i make my husband realize this ???

I cant do anything against her, for everything she ll start crying and tell my husband " oh...we have done so much sacrifice for you":bonk and he melts like an ice cream in summer and tells me to adjust and "do it for them its ok "

I ve told him many time that i have done more sacrifices and adjustments for them when it comes to food lifestyle religion every possible bit

But he still feels they deserve more and we need to keep them as happy as possible

WAT SHOULD I DO???? I AM EMOTIONALLY AND MENTALLY SHATTERED!!!!!:spin

5. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

Hi dear,

Unless you stand for yourself nothing gonna happen.

Have you ever asked your husband that your parents have also accepted this marriage(I guess so) and done everything so can you ask him to leave his religion and practice yours? Before marriage your inlaws knew this n knowing this that you come from other religion they have accepted you so whats the problem now? n about this say that they have done so much.. they have done everything for their own son not for some outsider girl .if your husband would not have been so firm on marrying you and you would have gone to his parents to accept you as their DIL would they have accepted even when they must be knowing that their son will say no if they don't get ready.. I guess the answer is very clear..they accepted this match for their son not for you so why to force you to do anything you dontlike n believe..

as a son he should take care of his parents but at the same time being a husband he is equally responsible towards you too. On keeping your happiness on stake he cannot make his parents happy.. be clear with this to him. More you bend more they tend to make you bend.. so better start now than being sorry years later...

6. Thebull

Thebull New IL'ite

Hey Mybaby1....thank you!!!! i agree i should stand my grounds....but the sad part is even my husband feels i should do as this as a daughter in law of the house. like you said i have to find a way to make him understand...it looks like a very tough job.....but very true.....i better start now than being sorry years later.

:thankyou2:

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The bull...put your foot down on the religion issue. Just tell them to stop putting down your religion.Tell them you respect their religion and expect the same from them.Tell them ,if they had problems with your religion...they should not have accepted the relationship.

If your husband can emotionally blackmail you about your inlaws accepting you...you emotionally blackmail him by telling him that they have only accepted him...you are just the sacrificial lamb that they are flogging day today. Make him feel bad about the way he has 'abandoned' you after marrying you.

If he wants you to make sacrifices because they have allowed you to live with them . ....just tell him,it is not a problem...you are always ready to move out and start a new home separately. They need not make such a big sacrifice.

Guys like your husband are the most dangerous husbands...they get the cake and eat it too. They marry the girl of their choice and then offer the girl to their parents to treat as they want...as a sacrifice for accepting his decision.

guesshoo, yesican and nb25 like this.
  8. Thebull

Thebull New IL'ite

Yellow mango....yes all these have taken my relationship with my husband on a bad ride. We are having issues since start....i have tried sacrificing a lot but at one point you want to break free and stop the the crap. My MIL makes little little issues big and the bitterness stays between me n my husband.The love for which we went against the society norms and got married doesn't seem to exist anymore. We went to a point where we wanted to separate, but somehow held on.

Now when i have faced the worst in our relationship,i do not fear for any bad.

1 person likes this.
  9. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

@TheBull...
    you wrote "My Husband s drowned in gratitude...." what gratitude??.. its you who has sacrificed most, leaving your parents and living in alien land where people, religion, food are different from yours.. Next time your hubby brings up the word "gratitude".. give him a befitting reply.. tell him that "you must be thankful that I left all and came into this alien land and you treat me like this??"

There are hundreds of ridiculous things about every religion of this world.. unless you reply to the religious taunts of your PILs, they will continue to do this.. so give them "moo thod jawab".. and they will shut up..

3 people like this.
  10. Thebull

Thebull New IL'ite

@indoc. . . ..yes . . . .I am I someone who believes all God is one . . . . N v must respect all.. . . But my mil has pushed me so much towards it that I hav begun to hate their religion, their procedure And everything they force me to do. . . . I m slowing opposing them now . . . .. very very little to start with Domestic stuffs. I think I'll slowly start drawing my lines about religious stuffs too.

Hope I sustain :thankyou2: