1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to Exercise: Gyms, treadmills, elipticals, yoga, cycling etc Discuss here

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by rumnair, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Re: Is Treadmill A Good way to lose weight?

Hi Tara

Pls advise from where you bought and how much you paid for the same ?

Thank You.

2. hanakhan

hanakhan New IL'ite

yes treadmill is a good way to lose weight but make sure you do workouts for the entire body as well.

3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

A treadmill walk for 30 mins is definitely very good to keep fit and lose weight.

Sensible diet and commitment is a must:)

4. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have some doubts in using treadmill, Pls help regarding this. I was walking on treadmill on 10 inc on speed between 3.2 to 3.8. To walk that heigh I was holding the bar of treadmill. I did this for 45 days and with restricted diet I lost 5 lbs. Now a friend of mine told me that I should not hold the bar of treadmill and walk on the inc. where I can walk comfortably without holding anything. Need help regarding this. What do you guys do? What is your opinion?
    Thanks

5. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

DEAR FRIENDS,
    I want to knw dat how cycling can b usefull in reducig weight? my hubby brought a cycle for me but i am doubtful is dis help in reducing or not? can any1 guide me plz...........

6. drpriya

drpriya New IL'ite

Hi all

Iam also planning to buy a treadmill to burn fat, want to know whether it reduces abdominal fat, please help:)

7. Dolly_Lite

Dolly_Lite Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I would like to know the weight training exercises like what should i do and how much ? I read a lot of articles but its all confusing me. I am told that we have to do weight training for upper body and lower body on alternate days. If any of you guys are following some schedule please share with me.. that will be of immense help to me. By the way, I am a stay at home mom with a preschooler.

THanks,
    DOlly

8. deeptibala

deeptibala New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am 5 feet tall and 55 Kgs in weight. I have to reduce only my tummy, hips and thighs. Could you please let me know which exercise is better ? Yoga or Aerobics or Gym.
    I do not want to reduce my cheeks.

Please advice !!!! :)

9. ansou2010

ansou2010 New IL'ite

Re: yoga,gym,Aerobics

hi,
    i want to buy a treadmill.can u tell me how can i make use of it efficiently I.e which running speed, also ask ur trainer how much hp either 1.5hp or 3hp is required for 73kg person?is inclinations required much?will it be really helpful to burn calories?can i go for 19000rs. available in AFTON?kindly help me.i can't go to gym leaving my 6months baby.for another 2years i.e till she joins playschool, it is difficult.
    cheers,
    ansou.

10. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

dear ansou...u can go to 19000 afton treadmill,i have one with me..but i dont use it though!!..
    pple say we should not run in treadmill as it will affect our uterus..i dunno whether it is true or humbug..but my fren uses the same machine and she runs...