1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to Exercise: Gyms, treadmills, elipticals, yoga, cycling etc Discuss here

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by rumnair, Jul 12, 2007.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: Treadmill - Should I buy manual or motorized?

I saw the ad on tv for zumba it looked quite fun...is ther online videos?

2. spap

spap Senior IL'ite

Re: Treadmill - Should I buy manual or motorized?

It is fun if you like dancing and music. There is something called Jazzercise also. I don't have any idea what exactly that is but I think its dance based. Yes there are videos online. First try youtube. You will get some samples there. zumba.com I think is the official website. You can buy the videos if you want. But I think you could get them on the net also. As for me, I downloaded one long back but it was fully in espanol. Didn't understand a bit. I joined a health club which has zumba and have been going to a couple of classes. Its really high intensity workout and you need a lot of stamina to do that. I am taking it slow.. Let me know if you need any other info. Good luck !!

ASP

3. baladeepa

baladeepa New IL'ite

hi

am new to this site

i use to work out in treamill for 1 hr and burned 60 calories daily

recently i got hip pain coz of jogging and walking...

actually what is the correct time to be work out on the treadmill

is tread mill is worthy?

pls reply me

am married with kid

4. sailingboat

sailingboat Senior IL'ite

dont start the exercise program vigoroursly. Try doing some warm up exercises before doing tread mill. treadmill is a great exercise but if you get tired take small breaks and wear correct shoes .

5. palbi

palbi New IL'ite

i go curve(ladies gym) and it is working for me great. now they start curve complete program. it is kind a package about your diet and strength of your exercise like how many calories we burn in each workout. if any thing like this in India just join it .

6. cutejen

cutejen New IL'ite

Is Treadmill A Good way to lose weight?

Hi gals,

I am thinking of purchasing a treadmill to help decrease my weight. As I do not have time to go to the Gym. I want your suggestions and advice for the same.

Regards,
    cutejen

7. annapanicker

annapanicker Senior IL'ite

Re: Is Treadmill A Good way to lose weight?

Hi... it is really useful... just need some commitment to use it regularly... it does help u to keep urself fit... small advice buy a motorised treadmill.... good luck

regards
    anna

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

A treadmill is good but to loose weight you need to work on your entire body and also have a good diet, your diet also matters. Buy a tread mill of LIFE FITNESS do not go for chinese brands as they will injure your knees. walk or run on the treadmill for only 20 to 25 mins not more than that otherwise you shall start building a lot muscles.
    THe best exercise is to do brisk walking early in the morning.

hope i have helped you
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear,
    Its a good option to buy a treadmill, but u need so much of determination to keep using it regularly.
    In lots of my friends(including me) it was of some use only for first few weeks, after tat it was just an extra piece lying in one corner of the house...
    Tat too i used it last vn we were doing a photo shoot at our house :rotfl
    Am now pushing my hubby to sell it somehow :bonk
    So I would say - think one again before buying one - if u r not sure of ur commitment, please try walking for few weeks - if u feel u r regular, go for a treadmill. It will definitely be of some help :)

10. tara123

tara123 New IL'ite

Hi,

I bought a Tempo make 621T model and must say I really like it and it is very helpful. Since it requires a lot of motivation and determination to work on it every day what I did was that I tried to build up my stamina and motivation for a good 6 months to check if I could really make that kind of commitment (financial and otherwise) and then bought and must say I am not regretting it.