1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Who else I can nominate for describing nature than you? I am sure that will fly unanimously in IL. I am sorry to disappoint you by taking the direction of new technologies. I released this snippet simultaneous to a puzzle so that Neurites can relate.

You are right about everyone making time to get connected to one another and do things, we will be fine.

Better late than never. There are so many nominations here in an unofficial and not regulated snippet. I have only suggested not to mention negative Watsons. :)

Viswa

kkrish and Srama like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I can agree to "Ace rambler" but not the other suggestion. You are very sharp and focused on any topic you take to write about.

Viswa

3. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Even though we have a formal forum for appreciation, it is always hard to look into the length and breadth of IL to find the gems inside. Moreover, most of us frequent our own space we have been comfortable with in the past leaving behind many other interesting areas that others focus on. Now, everything is out in the open through this Watson snippet. There is so much information, knowledge and wisdom here in IL residing in the brains of elite members that is very useful to many of us.

By recognizing a few that I know of, I opened up the flood gate for others to mention other interesting categories here. Rightly many members have come up with some great suggestions and opened my eyes to read more in IL.

Viswa

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

re negative Watsons, here is​
    Mr. Bennett (from Pride&Prejudice) : "You are not going to be Missish, I hope, and pretend to be affronted at an idle report. For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?''

Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes we think of categories and list people that come first to our mind when we think of them..then again there are times when we think of members and see if a category is the best fit for them. @sokanasanah falls into the latter for me. I tried really hard to think of a category a topic ..an area where he is unparalleled both in his analysis and delivery of his message....learnt much both from his silence and his words. I couldn't ..couldn't find one that is. Truly a watson here at IL.
    And so here I am with a category

Watson of IL - @sokanasanah

Edited. Just saw that Sokanasanah was already nominated by Kamala @kkrish but I will leave the post as it is.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Parenting special needs children is extremely challenging. Everyday moms and dads of these kids go through an incredible amount of resistance be it the schools ,insurance,lack of support..what have you.
    There are few moms here at IL who have generously given their time and helped so many women who come here desperate for ideas . Patiently held their hands while they navigated the system. @Laks09 @Shanvy and @Swethasri . Thank you for all that u do.

Parenting Advice @Laks09 @Shanvy

There was a poster called @teacher. Miss her posts and insights terribly. Wishing her well whereever she might be.

vaidehi71, sokanasanah and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Viswamitra

@justanothergirl,

@sokanasanah is a class act in everything he writes about and I find it hard to scale up. I couldn't agree more that he can never be classified under any category and Mr.Watson of IL is a right title for Soka. :)

@Laks09 & @Shanvy are great contributors to this community in many fields including parenting. I have not read @Swathasri and thanks for mentioning her name so that I can read her posts from now on. :)

@teacher, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your mention about Teacher. I miss her too. :)

Viswa

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I will admit I am a little confused as to whether my planned action (implemented right below) is kosher on the humility litmus test and not self-thanking. : )

Category for rihana: Thread bumper-upper. Posts in a quiet thread, and thread comes alive. :cool:

Aaj jumma hai peoples! TGIF. Not to take seriously. : )

Viswamitra, Nonya and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Also devil's advocate! : ) Takes up contrarian positions to provide a balancing counterpoint to skewed discussions. Makes for interesting threads. :thumbsup:

Viswamitra, Nonya and Rihana like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sokanasanah @Viswamitra
    How did I miss giving my suggestions for these two?
    The All Knowing - sokanasanah
    Universal friend - Viswa Mitra

vaidehi71, Viswamitra and sokanasanah like this.