1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

My best wishes to you, as always. :)

Srama likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

@Gauri03,

I never knew that @justanothergirl was the founder of Runners' Club in IL and thank you for sharing that information with me. When I started reading her posts in Relationship forum, I learned so much from them. Some of my views in real life changed by just reading and contemplating on her perspectives. I have also briefly participated in her Carnatic music thread and was delighted to learn about it after a long time.

Even though you may get a chance to wear your fanciest designer avatar for such annual Watson ceremony, you won't get a chance to announce them as you would be in Watson Selection Committee. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Pavithra,

Watson thread would have missed something without your nomination of @suryakala's contributions to this IL community. Reading her posts gives everyone a calming effect just like listening to the waves, waterfall, twitting birds and so on. I have been personally inspired by reading her writings here in IL. Frankly, I have not read her Tamil poems and now you have triggered me to go and look for them. Thank you for your nomination.

Viswa

suryakala and PavithraS like this.
  4. Viswamitra

@Rihana

I feel very humbled and honored by these kind words from you. I have erred a few times and a few of my friends like you here put me back in the right path.

Rihana likes this.
  5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Viswamitra ,

I am humbled by your kind words of appreciation as also that of @PavithraS .

IL has contributed a lot to me personally by providing the opportunity to come across the "Watsons" in different areas of human interest and thought. As a jewel in the crown I find this thread, a Gem among the gems that are your contributions! This thread is a forum among within this forum showcasing the best to everybody. I have enjoyed the poems of @PavithraS , and @rgsrinivasan (RGS), the charm of the Indian marriage and devoted couple in @iyerviji 's posts and the posts of all rounder @Shanvy to mention only a few.

My humble Namaskarams to you, to the founder of this great Forum, @Induslady Malathi, to @Cheeniya , and the staff and moderators and every member of this beautiful family with decorum, discipline, and diversity with unity.

Thank you and dear poetess @PavithraS once again for your kind words and impressions on my modest contributions.

6. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear DD @PavithraS ,

I am humbled and moved by your kind post to @Viswamitra in his thread of Watsons mentioning my name.

Of late, due to personal and health reasons I was not able to be as active in IL including the beautiful poetic thread in Tamil decorated by your lovely poems! In fact, I miss your invaluable contributions. Hope I will be able to be active as before soon.

I thank you for your kind words and the appreciation in your post to Viswamitra.

PavithraS, vaidehi71 and Viswamitra like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Suryakala for remembering me. Your contributions to IL is also invaluable

suryakala, PavithraS and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra

I am wary of cats and dogs and termites and people. That last group I am more wary of.

Hence, I initially tap on their shoulder, then handshake, then bond, then banter, then playful tease then relentless tease. Also, I don't connect to the entire personality but slice through a certain aspect in them that I adore. No matter how categorised that sliced aspect is in a person — humour, sensibility, playfulness, UFOs — I concomitantly scan for another essential aspect, let's call it a kinship aspect (for want of a better word). This kinship aspect is their ability to bond despite a threatening conflict of ideas. Such characters score very high in my book even though I am the only scribbler making such comparative notes in my yellowed book.

Rihana and Jayasala have already been given those tickers that you CAN argue with these folks because they won't let an argument initiated in good faith mar their sentiments for that person. I love these people for that unusual disposition in a petty-minded and small-spirited world that we live in.

In the same token, I must disclose that you have scaled high in that book in the past month, hey, what if it is only a silly and imaginary book, yet the standards are pretty stringent, I tell you.

To be able to swing back and bury the most vicious hatchet is not many would venture, let alone course through with aplomb. Kudos to you! You did it! What else can credit "Buoyant Watson" on you. The word 'buoyant' may be a mediocre word but it is the only word with the psyche and spirit to rise through discordance and stay afloat with cheer and vitality.

And this "buoyant" trait is peremptory in my life to be able to trust people with my antics. You have earned considerable respect and admiration since then. There are many noble and virtuous souls reforming the world but we need buoyant and resilient souls to keep that world firm and not break apart. I am happy to have discovered that in you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Hi Ira @Iravati,

Where are my balloons for "Buoyant Watson"? You have awarded me an incredible honor to be in the company of Mrs. Jayasala and my good friend @Rihana. I can understand your words of wisdom about both of them. Rihana and I had discussed our differences of opinions in a thread, then in Gabfest, then in private messages and then through email exchanges but I am amazed about her differentiation of friendship with differences of opinion. She deserves that title. I feel the same way about Mrs. Jayasala. She knows how to differentiate between different views with comradeship.

I am glad I met your stringent standards in your imaginary book. But I have to mention here that friendships/relationships have very high priority in my life. I always feel it has to be earned by me. I also naturally think every friendship is invaluable to me not because I am not up to the mark to earn it but because I consider them as treasure. The amount of education I get from people who I interact freely and frankly is immeasurable. You are one of them.

Opinions are many but true friendships are rare and invaluable.

Viswa

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    satchitananda likes this.
  10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Can we recycle the balloons? Or, I paint a different shade and return to you.

Hehe! I was dramatizing my screening process. The only book I have is a ratty journal in which I record my weight.

I used the word "earned" to emphasise that you have demonstrated it — may be, I should have used "deserved" to differentiate the modus operandi from the other authoritative "commanded" or "entitled". Buoyancy though unremarkable is, what is that, the through-line which holds friendships.

Invariably, friends would run into conflicts, they would be at cross-purposes, but their ability to gloss over the occasional indiscretions matters a lot.

I have fierce arguments outside IL with my friends. I know that next day we would still be as thick as conniving thieves for I have known them for a long time and each is conditioned to ignore the other's divergence and prevail on what bonds us.

Someone said that we are made of multitudes! Some great saint or scholar! We should strive to uphold that multitude by similarly acknowledging the multitude in others. Enough chat up. But the thing I wanted to convey is that I am always excited when I come across someone who I could refer to as "Oh! He is sturdy. He can withstand debates". For me to say that takes time and observation. And once I declare that, that time and observation invested has been worth.

Next round of debate: Rava dosa or Mysore dosa. Don't even think about saying anything against my favourite rava dosa, haan! (red in tooth and claw).

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.