1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@kaniths,

Thank you for mentioning this here. I can feel your intensity in acknowledging it here. All my interactions with her is nothing but pleasant. Despite all my not up to the mark puzzles, how she encouraged me to make more is incredible. She can make people realize their full potential. She asked me the reason why I gave Neural Networks Watson to her elsewhere and please don't miss reading my response. She is always calm and collected as the moderator and even in intense discussions in any thread. You are tempting me to enroll as a student but the mentor may not take me in as a student. :(

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

@Rihana,

I have not read that thread by @Archanaanchan, @Naari and @Sandycandy as yet but will read it soon.

@iyerviji is a very unique personality and there is so much to learn from her. She brings great life lessons casually and her enthusiasm in interacting with ILites is contagious.

@Jayasala is a legend in many categories. It is difficult to put her in any category. Her every thread and every post is a delight to read and I learn so much everyday from her threads and posts.

Viswa

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, thanks for acknowledging me earlier. I came to IL only to write Tamil verses way back in 2010. Slowly got tempted and overwhelmed too, because of the wonderful support that I got from so many here, that I tried other things too. Happy to see that a few of my words stay in the memory of a select few! -rgs

kaniths, PavithraS and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Viswamitra

RGS,

Thank you for visiting this thread. I started of enjoying your blogs to begin with and slowly learned about your talents in writing poems. IL platform served not only to know each other but also about the hidden talents of many that were not showcased before.

Viswa

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I meant more like... how to have clean Arguments in an online forum, how not to react but respond and handle heated discussions or any conflicts during such discussions (also in real life negative situations), how to have cordial relationships with all members of a forum, clarity of our expressions, staying Positive at all times, and above everything, life skills like being more compassionate, responsible and forgiving.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Rihana, Viswamitra, jskls and 2 others like this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Nice attempt to categorize people by their special contributions. I have been in many forums. But only here I see people showering encomia on others without any prejudice.it is a good trend in journalism which normally abounds in negative criticism.I am reminded of writing critical appreciation of Shakespearean characters in various plays while studying English literature.People who found out negative reamrks from Shakespeare's creation were awarded special marks.Just to be awarded of those special grades, we were bent reading line by line, word by word of each act that gave room for criticism. Now when I go back in my memory lane, I feel ashamed of doing so.
    It is an art in itself to write appreciations and sometime negative features too of an author too seen through their charcters. Even valmiki and Vyasa have n't escaped criticism.
    Viswa,
    Thanks for creating this beautiful thread which has induced a sense of commitment and responsibility in the minds of readers as well as authors.

jayasala 42

7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa uncle,
    My heartfelt thanks. I am humbled. I don't know what to day but a big namaskaram to you uncle.
    Vani

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A lot has been said about many, but there are hidden aspects to members, which though not their primary claim to fame, have a lasting impact on some lost soul looking for the light. I want to hand the 'Watson' for the Philippedes of IL to @justanothergirl. To others she is the relationship guru and carnatic music connoisseur, but to me she is JAG of the running club. She introduced the running bug to IL and got so many of us hooked for life. It is a gift for which I can't thank her enough!

@Viswamitra After this we might have to introduce an annual Watson ceremony! I, for one, would love to wear my fanciest designer avatar, and say, "and the Watson for ____ goes to _____!" :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Srama, justanothergirl, jskls and 2 others like this.
  9. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa Sir,
    As this thread seems to have gained momentum and going strong by acknowledging the contribution and support of so many IL ites , I would like to mention about a person who continues to give peace and mental support to many IL ites who are in need of a Divine Intervention and guidance through their heartfelt prayers. That person also writes Tamil Poetry which are rare and shine like a gem. And the person I am talking about is @suryakala

Thank You !

suryakala, kaniths and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Anytime when there is a word of appreciation from you, it is like winning the Oscar because of the depth and understanding of the subject you cover in your threads and posts. I couldn't agree more this Forum created a very friendly environment for beginners like me to thrive. We have so many role models here. People who are widely published in journals and newspapers such as yourself write here and we learn from that experience.

Reading Shakespearean characters to criticize them is an interesting way to encourage students read Shakespeare. We all learn from our mistakes and no one is an exception to that rule especially when Valmiki, Vyasa and Shakespeare faced criticism.

Even though I created this thread for an informal appreciation of ILites, this thread got ignited by many ILites with their exceptional suggestion of various categories with names of ILites. That also opened my eyes towards so many threads that I never paid attention before and the qualities of many ILites that I never knew before. :)

Viswa

Gauri03 likes this.