1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Washington DC Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Snegithi,
    I am not able to send a private message to you (you seem to have disabled them) so I am posting my reply here...

I am not aware of any one stitching Indian saree blouses in this area. My suggestion would be to get a readymade blouse couple of sizes bigger to go with your saree. You could then alter this blouse accordingly. Do not get the blouse that comes with the saree stitched now (you will probably not return to your pre-pregnancy blouse size for a good year or so.

Have you tried opening the stitches in the side seams of the blouse that your mom sent. Try opening one level of stitches at a time.

Gayathri

2. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Thanks much Gayathri...I am a new iLite, and my post count is still below 50, hence I dont have permissions to access, send or recieve private messages...got to wait till i reach 50....

Anyways to answer you, My mom had sent two readymade blouses two months ago (2 sizes bigger than my usual ones), still now when i tried them, they are not getting in...dont know how much i would get bigger in the coming month...but as you said guess i need to ask my mom to courier readymade blouses which are much bigger....

That was a good suggestion, will do as you said...thanks...Sri

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi IL'ites,

I am Krithika from Glen allen, Virginia. Infact I responded in the thread " Ladies from Virginia...Introduce yourself here" , but there was no response over there!

Still I am surprised as to why people from Virginia introduce themselves in this thread meant for Washington DC ladies!:idontgetit:.

It it because all these cities mentioned in the posts above are in the neighboring areas of Washington DC??

Anyway, I am in Central virginia and Glen Allen is close to Richmond. It is a pretty quite community ( where we live) .

We made a very big move from Pleasanton, California about 18 months back.
    Touchwood, we have got used to this place...initially it was weird...esp after seeing the heavy traffic and big freeways in CA.....here in VA it is pretty much manageable in terms of driving...!

Well...enough said...think so i've said a lot about myself...anyone near glen allen area??

Cheers
    Krithika ( Jithiks)

4. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

If you see most of you who have responded to this thread reside in northern Virginia (In the DC metro area), probably thats why there was no response to your thread under Virginia...But am glad to know we reside in the same state....You can tell us more about VA and your palce...I see that you have already told us few things about your place...awaiting to know more...how was it during winter,colder than the northern area?...Northern VA is always crowded and you the traffic jams on i-395 and i-495 are unimaginable...

5. Saroj08

Saroj08 New IL'ite

Hello

I'm new to this site. I live in northern VA with my husband and a 16 month old son. I work full time. My hobbies include painting, dress designing/making and singing. I'm here to make friends and share useful information.

Saroj

6. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi Saroj,

Welcome to the group...And I am glad to meet you and other iLites through IL.....

I am longing to get some good friends in DC area through this forum....thats mainly bcoz i miss all my friends back in India....I hope its the same with you all'

Why not we all try to meet up and have a good time and make new friends, just a thought....If that is not possible atleast we can talk about places around Northern VA, DC and Maryland and about people and happenings here and have fun ...

What say???

7. emily94

emily94 New IL'ite

Re: Washington Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

hi everyone, iam emily .it abt a month since we moved from newjesry to maryland.
    anyone in jessup area( Gateway apts)pls let me know . iam from andhra.

8. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! All,

I am Nirupama,basically a kannadiga but born and brought up in Maharashtra, here in Gaithersburg,MD for last 7 years, MD Homeopath by profession.

I am stay at home mom to 7 months old baby.

Anybody from or aroundGaithersburg?

Would love to be in touch.

Cheers,:)
    Nirupama.

9. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi Nirupama and Emily, welcome to the group....hmm seeing new members in the DC area after a long time...glad to know you all....I am Sri from Alexandria and I work in DC....so tell us more about yourself and the happenings in your area....Lets keep in touch...

10. rani manu

rani manu New IL'ite

hii everybody

i am very new to this site....This is my second month in US.

i am staying with my husband in NJ ....
    But do to my husband's project change to DC we have to move to MD/DC in five days.....could any one please tell me about areas where i can find a good apartment with indian community around in MD/DC(Preferably in MD).......

i am so worried since i am new to US...PLEASE friends please help me.

have a nice day to all

Last edited: May 19, 2008