1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Washing baby's head

Discussion in 'Infants' started by bril, Jan 20, 2012.

1. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions to help bathe my 7 month old DD's hair with more ease. She is fine when i give her body bath... but is very cranky when i wash her head. Somehow i distract her with a toy and apply oil for her head, but she keeps moving when i try to wash her hair. I use the no more tears shampoo from Johnsons so that she wont cry, but thesedays she refuses to let me even put shampoo to her head.
    We have a bath tub for her, but she doesnt like it bcos its slippery when water is poured on her and gets afraid. I used to put her on my legs and give a bath till now, but now that she can sit, she doesnt lie down. She screams if we try to pour water on her head, so i have been washin off the shampooed hair with wet hands/wet cloth, but i know its not good to do that. But she will not allow me to pour water. Once when we tried badly, she moved so much that water splashed on her face n she was crying for a long time.
    I saw this farlin baby hair washing hat .. is that good? Any other suggestions? Pls pour in ladies...
    Thanks in advance.

2. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Hi Bril,

Sit on a stool with your feet together and , Place the kid on your lap with the head resting on your knees and the legs poiting tom your tummy.. you need to pull your dress above the knee for this..

Ask some one to pour water gently. The water pressure needs to be reduced with a hand at the spout of the mug, so that it does not fall hard on the baby;'s head.

you can wash the baby;s head in this position. Always finish the body bath and then give head bath so that the baby;s head is not wet for long.

I hope this tip helps.

3. aj_fathima

aj_fathima Bronze IL'ite

Good tip from Savietha.I used to follow the same for both my kids.

But they also used to scream for hair wash.This changed slowly and later they started enjoying!