Wants to study CLASSICAL DANCE !!!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by JESSAG, Nov 1, 2009.

1. JESSAG

JESSAG New IL'ite

Hi,

This is My 2nd thread . I am a dance & music lover. Here I am searching for a teacher who teach ladies classical dance. I was not able to study on my childhood but I really love to study now as My husband also likes.

Hope that anyone will reply.....!! Please guys !!

Regards,
    Jessag.:)

1 person likes this.

2. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am a classical dancer and I've been living in Dubai all my life ... I've been learning Bharathanatyam and Kuchipudi for the past 16 years from teachers in Dubai ... there are many teachers here ... I'm sure you'll be happy to learn from them.

Have fun dancing!

3. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi swetha
    Have been following your responses on Classical dance in various threads
    Admire that you are a classical dancer yourself !! By any chance haven't yo thought of taking classes or is it that Im not aware !!

My daughter was learning Bhartnatyam but had to stop on account of studies first then the Traffic !!

Can you share details of Teacher who can come home to teach !

Cheers

4. Puribala

Puribala New IL'ite

Hi Jessag,

I joined this IL group just today and what luck that you have posted this post today:)
    I am a trained Bharatanatyam dancer and moved to Dubai last year. Which area are you residing in? I recently moved to Greens area and I am also working. I would love to teach you and anybody else who would like to learn but sadly can do so only on weekends. I was teaching at an institute in Karama but they needed a full time teacher and I could give them very few hours on weekdays. I have learned Bharatanatyam all my life and have given many performances in India and abroad. I can say I am a good teacher but I cannot say I am a well known or most experienced teacher as I myself am new to Dubai. Let me know if I can be of any help!

Hi Shweta,

It is great to see yours and Usha aunties posts on this site. In fact I came across your replies on dance classes and hence joined this group. Not sure if you remember me. I am Purnima and we have met on several occasions, you had introduced me to Mr Kali Jal also. How are you doing and how is the dancing coming along? Any programs coming up this winter? I have shifted to Greens. Its been just 3 weeks actually. It has only been a month since I ve stopped taking classes and I already feel jittery about it. Also, Bur Dubai is where it is happening. Wonder how the dancing scene is in this part of Dubai. This forum seems to be a great place to make new friends and get to know people. I am glad I joined in!

Cheers
    Puri

5. swethakrishnan

Dear Shivani Ma'am

I dont teach classical dance as of now, but hope to do it sometime in the future ... I choreograph folk dances and cinematic dances for children at our association and for other competitions but havent taught classical dance ... though dance wont be my profession, I would love to teach ...

Sad that your daughter stopped her classes ... I call my parents my "royal chauffeurs"!!! They drive me around for practices and classes!!!

Take care!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. swethakrishnan

Hi Purnima!

Yes ofcourse I remember you ... nice to see you here. My mother met you at the ABHAI fun fair also. My dancing is going on well. I'm doing a show along with Mrs Meera Srikanth and her students in Abu Dhabi on 18th December. Its a dance drama called "Kaikeyi- The Defamed Heroine" I'll send you the invite ... please do join us.

Take care!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  7. Shivani2009

Dear Shwetha

Its always pleasure reading your posts !!

Could you share details of your association as Im keen to enrol my child for Cinematic Dance .. Would appreciate any suggestion regarding the same !!

I would have love to pick and drop my daughter but not able to as I have 4 month old babay to take care of !!

Take Care

8. gayathrisekar

gayathrisekar Senior IL'ite

Hi shivani,
    u stay near burjuman rite. there is a teacher in liwa bldg. it is a walking distance to u. u can also bring ur little one and walk.

cheers
    gaya3

9. Shivani2009

Hi Gaya3

Not exactly near Burjuman !! But Liwa Bldg is pretty close !! Can you share details of the lady and what excatly is she into ?

Cheers

10. JESSAG

JESSAG New IL'ite

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for the reply. Cud u please tell me that where r u studying ? Teacher comes to your home or u go somewhere ? I like to get more details on this. Also, this teacher teach the kids ? If then, at wat time of age? Please lemme know.....

Regards,
    Jessag.