Want to sell Paintings, how to start

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by nags, Dec 14, 2011.

1. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am a self taught small time painter. I am planning to sell some of my paintings. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/paintings/128627-my-canvas-painting-acrylic-pens.html

Here is the link where I have posted my work.

My question is
    If i want to sell this under some brand name XXX, do i need to register it. if yes, whom do i approach. please give details.

If this is done under some small business name, what other rules are to be followed. Do i need permit to do. I am aiming to sell them through Facebook/Blogs, etc.

Would highly appreciated any input regarding this.

1 person likes this.

2. agayathree

agayathree Bronze IL'ite

Hello nags,
    First of all :hatsoff to youand Congratulations:thumbsup:-). You can start by selling your paintings to your friends and relatives or Conducting an exhibition. It depends upon how many paintings you have done? You can also promote your paintings by joining a local artist's group. Also you can advertise in a local ladies magazine/classifieds- Newspaper. Also you can use the internet which is a great boon for business. I don't have any idea about the legal issues. I am sorry. I hope other ILS can give you suggestions............

3. pooja912

pooja912 Silver IL'ite

you can use social media and there are so many shops and sites on internet where you can sell your paitings..good luck.

4. venuarchana

venuarchana Senior IL'ite

hi

we are into selling glass paintings. if anyone is interested inbuying from us. I can share soft copies of photographs for you to decide.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013