Want to Know about your Kuladevatha???? Post here

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by malaswami, Feb 18, 2012.

1. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Respected Sir...
    Do you have these PDF files in English/Hindi language. Myself being north Indian unable to read them.
    Thanks a lot

2. Nesh08

Nesh08 New IL'ite

Hello Sir, apologies if my question had mislead the original purpose of it. I didn't meant to ask silly question like who is lord murugan. Of course i do know
    Hello Sir.. Apologies if my question had mislead the actual purpose of the query. Of course i will not ask silly question like who is lord murugan at this level. I have been raised as tamil hindu background culture and well aware of our practice. My question meant to ask about the form of Murugan as kula deivam. To my knowledge, i only heard of kula deivam in aiya's and amman's form. Thus i have raised the question. And the only part if when someone doesn't know about kula deivam can pray to thiruchendur murugan. Apologies again if this is misleading.

3. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

Kula deivam is a male or female born and died in a kulam as an ancestor. So it does not mean lord muruga , lord shiva and lord tirupati , but we can not mention the name of your ancestor with ayya and amma , instead we mention lord murugan means , it defines that the person belongs to kuja planet and it further defines your kulam and gothram , male or female and saivam or vaishnavam etc. From our prediction you can confirm the planet responsible for your kula deivam and all above things , and that will help your astrologer in your ancestor place to identify the temple . So without consulting an astrologer by your father in person and identifying your ancestor's place you can not find your kula deivam. And I can also able to find mother tongue , with the help of mother tongue we can identify the state in india. That is all . If you want to know more contact an astrologer of "JAMAKOL PRASANNAM" and they can predict little more than my prediction. Best wishes.

4. tejaboga

tejaboga New IL'ite

Thanks for your patience in replying sir and Apologies for asking any silly questions if u felt so.

I was mainly asking to find out our kula deivam , Since i was confused with " saiva sthala " which i thought is shiva ( please correct me if iam wrong sir ). From the reply what you have given i understand that our kula deivam is " amman " ( again correct me if iam wrong ).

So, sir the problem here is i got checked my " nadi jyothidam " in kanchipuram. I hope your well aware of the pariharams they give in the shanti kandams, Iam supposed to offer my 1st prayers to our kula deivam.

From our ancestors we only know our gotra - Agasthya for sure. All i can confirm is this sir.
    Finally i just wanted you to take little more patience in replying me as im confused with " saiva sthala " or
    " amman " or " shiva ".

Now please tell me considering our kula deivam, to whom shall i offer my 1st prayers.

5. Nesh08

Nesh08 New IL'ite

Thank you Sir. This pretty much clarifies my query. And understood how the kula deivam being categorized. That is my actual purpose of the earlier question. My heartiest thank you for your time and you have guided me in some possible ways to find my kula deivam.

6. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

Sorry for the inconvenience . However the necessary details according to the requirements of the individuals are sent in English.
    Worship of the kula-devata or kula-devi is considered to be of utmost importance. The Kula-devata is the guardian of the family, of the lineage. Ancestors of the family have worshipped the deity and there is a bond between the family and the deity. Hence such worship bears fruits early. Worship of the kuladevata is said to appease the deity who is the sole protector of the family. One who worships his/her family deity is said to be protected by the deity in times of calamity.

The word Kuladevata is derived from two words: Kula, meaning clan and Devata, meaning deity. Thus, it can be said that Kuladevatas are deities which are worshiped by particular clans. The deity can be a male, female, animal or even an object, like a holy stone. Hindu families make a pilgrimage to the Kuladevata or Kuladevi temple to obtain the blessing of the deity after an auspicious occasion such as a wedding. Kuladevatas are worshiped in several sects of Hinduism and Jainism. In the state of Maharashtra, the Kuladevatas are mainly manifestations of Shiva or Shakti such as Khandoba or Bhavani, respectively. In the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, these deities are generally, the various manifestations of Parvati, the wife of Shiva. She is worshiped by different names by different clans. The Indian King Cobra(Nag) is also a famous Kuladevata. It is known by several names, such as, Nagadevata and Nagabaapji and is worshiped by several Hindu, Jain and Kshatriya clans. Some Kshatriya clans also claim themselves to be "Nagavanshi" or Descendents of the Naga.
    In South India, Balaji of Tirupati is one of the main Kuladevatas.

In Kerala, amongst the Nair community, each tharavadu (ancestral family house) has a Kula Devata - often, the devi form of Bhadra, besides Para Devatas of ancestors in tharavadu temples. However, each branch of the family and members are also worship Ishta-Devata depending upon village deities and choices.

In Andhra Pradesh, Goddess Vasavi Kanyakaparameshwari is the Kuladevi for the Arya Vysya community.

In Tamil Nadu, Goddess Kamakshi, Goddess Renukamba and Lord Muruga are family deities among many others, for many Brahmin Iyers and also to Maravar And Vellalars. Goddess Bhadrakali is the tutelary deity of Nadars. Majority of the Nadar Settlements will have a temple for Goddess Bhadrakali. Goddess Angalaparameshwari for majority of chettiars and vellalars. Lord Narashima for Brahmin Iyengars and also to Naidu. Worship of Kuladevta is very much prominent amongst the Brahmins and Kshatriyas of Goa, Karnataka and Maharashtra, that are the Konkani Saraswats and Daivajna. Most of the Kuladevata temples are found in Goa, Shantadurga, Mahalakshmi, Nagesh, Mangesh, Ramnath to name a few. Kuladevatas play a very pious role in the Saraswat Brahmins and Daivajnas, it can even supplant the role of the Istadevata.

For more details :-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuladevata

7. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

Don't confuse guy. Your kula deivam is a female goddess .
    Saiva sthala means a temple of shiva , parvathi, murugan and ganesha
    amman means a female goddess may be parvathi, parameshwari, durga etc
    Agasthiyar gothram means , Agasthiyar is a rishi who worshiped lord shiva . So my prediction will be correct.
    Hope you understand. if not , for more details click the link:-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuladevata

8. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

I thing you are confusing with a webpage titled Hinduism blogspot. Please read more details in this regard if you want clarifications. :-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuladevata

Nesh08 likes this.
  9. Nesh08

Nesh08 New IL'ite

Hello Sir. Probably yes. I've been reading many articles and blogs regards to kula deivam in recent time. I'm aware that Tamil speaking people now are from the state called Tamil Nadu but I can't assume the same for few generation back since our ancestors can be from any part of South India be for the re-organisation of Indian states. That is the reason why I can't confirm which part from India were my ancestors from. A modern guy like me probably being ignorant of all the heredity matter all the while but I'm taking the responsibility to fill the gap left by previous generation who may unaware the importance of all these practices. Thanks again for shed some light on my findings and your advise definitely adding great values to my journey.

10. tejaboga

tejaboga New IL'ite

Thank you for the reply sir. So , our kula deivam is " Amman ".

Theres one small clarification pending sir, now as i asked u earlier according to " nadi jyothidam " i need to perform my 1st pooja to our kula deivam.

As u said our kula deivam is " Amman " and gothra says Agasthyar - Lord shiva. Now to whom shall i offer my 1st prayers?