want to join job but problem due to break period

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sumividya, Jan 6, 2012.

1. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

hello ladies,
    iam from chennai, i explain my situation,
    i was working in bangalore before marriage, i got married in 2008 , so i left the job in 2008 itself as soon as i got engaged , since my husband was working abroad & i have to join him,
    i was working in oracle applications ( technical), after marriage , i became pregnant & then baby , & all these things dint made me to think of a job,
    bur now
    i want to go for a job , instead i can say that i need a job terribly,
    i am having an experiance of 5v years out of which 3 + in oracle applications,
    my problem is
    1.since i am having a break of 3+ years , can i get a job in my field ?

2. the company which i was working has closed during the recession period ,in 2008 itself , now at this position , if any company which hires me asks about my previous company , then what will i say, at that point will i get a job ?

i have brushed up my knowledge & iam all set for the interview , but iam terribly afraid to proceed further.
    any ideas will be helpfull
    pls help:drowning
    thanks

2. prtywomen

prtywomen Junior IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,
    Break should not be problem, if you are well prepared, apply for the job who are looking for 3+years of experience, take up the interview. if they question you why you have taken break, explain them the situation you had. Definetly this is not at all problem, as many women go through this break. Since you have had work technically, finding job should not be problem if you are strong in your area. don't worry. are you looking job in India or abroad?

3. Meenakshikoul7

Meenakshikoul7 New IL'ite

HI to all Ladies...

I 'm a new member n i have joined today I 'm on L2 visa with EAD but no jobs...
    Vidya ur story resembles mine alot n we both r sailing in same boat...same thing was happen with me...i too got married in 2008 n before marraige i was working in Background testing and after my marraige in 2008 i also left my job to join my husband in pune n when i got job there in pune my husband got project in USA n i got pregnant...
    Now i hv too moved with my husband in US last year and applied for EAD n it came after 6 months n now i 'm applying for jobs through dice...but i hardly get any calls...its getting so depressed each day n we have to start from begning...
    Which part of USA r u in? I 'm in Memphis TN...YOU try in dice dats the only worth site for IT Jobs...Gud LUCK for ur job search hope we both get a job soon in new year...

Meenakshi

4. jasmin20

jasmin20 New IL'ite

Hi

Dont worry....Break for kids is not such a big thing...I also had to take a break of 2 yrs for my kid...and I had to come abroad....But I was able to find a job in my field...Oracle apps is a very demanding field...You should prepare nicely and go for the interviews...
    The last company where u worked is closed now...but it should not be a problem for you to get another job... dont mention about it in the interview, if no1 is asking...
    Good Luck!!

5. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

thanks jasmin,prettywmn & meenakshi,
    thanks for ur replies , currently iam in chennai & iam searching for a job in chennai alone , becoz iam having a 2 year old baby & noone is there to take care of her except my old parents & so particularly iam looking a job in chennai,
    & job for me now is important becoz iam separated from my husband & i strictly need a job for my & my babys survival.
    anyways thanks for ur replies

6. hemalatha12

hemalatha12 New IL'ite

hi i am also looking for trading . bt i dnt have knowledge can u please tell . where i get training at free of cost

hemalatha.