want to get pregnant with thyroid and PCOs

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by tweety23, Oct 10, 2011.

1. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Re: TTC with PCOD & Thyroid..pls suggest

k how evr tomorwo i need to go for chek up agin coz i i hav sharp pain in pain in my breast from 3 days even last time was also sam i hav suffered it for almost all one week started before periods and ended after periods so may be jsu want to k nw wehter this is indication of periods or what y am ai gettign dat pain ???

2. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Thank u so muchhh ais... u r very sweet am very happy hearing your words..will do the same the thing is my MIL cooks food at my place so she puts full oil in the curreis and with out oil she will atelast not touch the food..may be htis si one of the other reason am puttign up weight after saying her so many times but she repats the sam thing and i cant cook seprately agian it leads agin to mis understandings ..seriously Lukcy coz hubby is very supportive in all this matters.. thanks once agin will try to cut dwn evrything and start walkign from tomorrow only

1 person likes this.
  3. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Cutting down oil means try to avoid eating fries, papads and items made out of ghee and dalda....Every day oil used for vegs and other stuff will not do much harm and u will not put on too much weight because of that....Ur MIL makes only fried curries everyday???? Even so only for few vegs u need to deep fry...Rest all it is sufficient that u use a tbsp of oil for the seasoning....Try squeezing out the extra oil if u feel it is too much and eat the curries(But not so obvious in front of MIL)...Start walking and keep urself relaxed...Try other diets like including salad for ur breaks and avoid carbs and sugar...Weight will not reduce in a short period.....So all the best...

4. sowmya83

sowmya83 New IL'ite

HI Ais

Congratulations on becoming a mother!!
    I too have the same problem and have been advised to lose weight.
    After 2 months of exercising i realised yesterday that i have'nt lost even 1 kg. I was demotivated and even thought why should I continue exercising...
    Your post gives me the confidence that weight loss is definitely possible.

Thank you!!

Sowmya

5. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sowmya the same problem is with me.. after doing excersise and yoga also no difference not even 1 kg

6. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

HI Every one

i have a doubt do the gals who are effected with PCOD can concively normally with out excersise and tablets..

7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sowjanya,

I have PCOS and Thyroid too. I know how you feel about your weight loss journey. Its hard to cut down all your favourite foods, working out, and still not seeing the expected result. I see you are taking tablet for PCOS? Are you taking thyroxin too? Its must. Even 2 kg weight loss will help you in better way. After a month you will used to the changes in diet. People with PCOS and trying to conceive should follow the diet and exercises similar to diabetic patient. Many of my friends have followed this and as soon as they reduced few KGs they conceived naturally. Couple of them are in IL too. They would say PCOS is not a big problem to fight. My SIL who was diagnosed with PCOS conceived within 6 months, only change she followed is strict diet. Try to follow that. At the same time, Dont take it too hard on yourself. Do things that's in your hands, Leave the rest to God. Be cheerful. Yes 2 years is long time, but you wont get this 2 years back.

Regarding your pains in breast, I had the same too and exactly at the time period you mentioned. I used to think that the pain in breast is an early pregnancy symptom and get disappointed later. The problem was the multivitamins I was using. I took Pregnacare Conception whose ingredients list is too long. L-arginine, cartinine bla bla, and I started taking it. Obviously those are too much for my body and I had breast pains, I woulndt be able to even walk without feeling that pain. It took my 2 months to identify that the multivitamins is the problem, and switched to plain Folic acid and the pain was gone. Now I am taking multivitamin, different brand with less ingredients. Its fine for me. Hope this information helps you.

ILT

1 person likes this.
  8. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tulips..

Am on thyroid tablet.. my last period was on feb 11th asususl even delay dis month due to pcod i wnt even get preg nor period .. even my Mil is again back of mee... Husb also sum times jus keeps quiet for her questions...

i have a doubt i hav been on duphston tablet from pst 4 days.. i did not get my peirods do i contintue dat tablets or stop it ..doc hav given me dat tabs for 5 days and she said to contiue with other tablets from day 2 of ur next cycle.. confused tot ak the tablet or not.

9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sowjanya,

Remember Feb is the shortest month. And it is just 13th today. So wait for few days.

Have you tried Acupuncture? Look for places where they do Electra-Acupuncture which is very good treatment for PCOS.

Don't stress of worry about what others are saying. Its that as you are thinking about it all the time, even small question will feel like they are directed in the intention to offend us. Till our last day upon this earth there will be one or the other questions we have to face. We can't run from everything, somethings are in our hands, but most of them [e.g., ttc] its not in our hands which increases our frustration. Be cheerful and concentrate on some other things. Keep reminding yourself you wont get this time back. After you had kids and running behind them, you would yearn for a day of rest and some Me-Time to take up your hobbies.

There are plenty of threads here to help you for PCO/Thyroid diets and workouts. Dont lose hope in 2 months. With these 2, we have to work more. Take up some fun activity, instead of boring running..

I wish you Good Luck!

ILT

10. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Acupuncture.. what is this i never heard about it.. can you please tell me abt this