want to get pregnant with thyroid and PCOs

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by tweety23, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

All the best dear and stay calm and positive...!!!

Do not stress, just relax and rest as much as you can...!!!

Baby dust to you...!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Re: TTC with PCOD & Thyroid..pls suggest

Hi frens Need your help again

My weigt again cam frm 64kgs to 66kgs doctor askedme to cum after puting dwn my weigt only as it serious cause for pcod

i went to hosp today doctor hav given som medicines again. my period is due on 11th march and today is 9th march coz i hav PCOD it wld be delayed normally for a week or 10days. the tablets here are given below

1.Dupheston from today to 5 days daily twice.
    2.G-REG-SR 500 till 30days

she asked me to conntiuse this Dupheston btu my period is due on 11th march shall i go a head with this tablet or not.. doctor said that in the month of jan u were on injections so u onvulated and dis month u were not on tablets so no ovulation pcod wont allow u to ovulate as ur knw 66kgs weight. i am jus tensed coz if anythign postive is it safe this tbalets Dupheston tablet for 5 days before i get my period

after you get ur periods start with this tablets i wont put u on injections this time will only give you tablets and try to reduce atleast 3kgs till next month.

tablets are

1.Folic acid (Which i am alredy taking it daily)
    2.G-REG-SR500 to continue
    3.OVofar 50MG - D2 -D6 , 1TAB Daily
    4.Dexme /Rexme - D2 - D14, 1tab
    5.Pregnova - D7 - D14, 3TABS A DAY
    6.Dupheston - D16 - 14days

Intercourse from D10 -D20 alternate days

is all this tbalets is complusory cant i ovulate with our tablets i am jus fed up all this tablets pls suggest me

and i have a serious breast pain before my last periods i got it last month and agian started my pain from 7th of march.. is the sympotom of getting a period y this brest pain causes

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hey Sowjanya,

Losing weight will help you. But PCOD also makes you gain. So you'll have to work twice as hard to keep in under control. Try altering your eating habits for the starters. Am sure it will help.

As for the tablets:
    1.Folic acid - Its essential
    2.G-REG-SR500 - This is Metformin - necessary for PCOD. Have you been asked to stop this if you get a positive? Basically it helps control your weight too.
    3.OVofar 50MG - For ovulation. 50mg is very basic potency. They'll probably monitor you and start increasing it by 50mg every month or every alternate month to see which one makes you ovulate. So its normal.
    4.Dexme /Rexme - apparently this acts as an anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant. Not sure why you've been asked to take this. Maybe someone else might be able to help. Else ask the doctor for more explanation. Could be, to counteract on inflamation caused in the ovaries due to ovulation induction.
    5.Pregnova - Am not sure what this is for. Read that it is basically a drug named Doxylamine. Which is a mild sedative and to treat cold. And that it could help during morning sickness. Ask why she gave you this too and if it is a necessity.
    6.Dupheston - This is a progesterone supplement and from this forum itself I know its harmless and helps keep the uterus strong and maintain the pregnancy.

When you have PCOD, most women don't ovulate. Its normal. The cysts in the ovaries prevent the egg from coming out too. So with additional inducing, tablets or injections, the doctor makes sure you do ovulate. Its quite normal and is called An-ovulatory cycles. Even with no ovulation, you can get your periods. So don't worry about it. Metformin, Folic and Ovulation induction are all very normal only.

Ask her about the tablets you feel doubtful about. Try a cycle and if at any time any of these tablets don't agree with you, stop it immediately and inform the doctor. You might feel excessive light headedness or might have some allergic reaction. They are very rare, but watch out.

Hope all works out good for you this month dear. Wishing you all the best and loads of baby dust.

4. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much tanoshii you hav been helping mee. seriously frustrateed reg the tablets from past 2 yrs am on tablets for pcod..fed up iw as on yoga fro 1 yr alomst it did not showed any diff, den joined sum excersies no reulst how to put dwn my wieght i hav totaly stoped junk food out side nor at home i only have rice small box in the lunch and in the nite dats it mrng with tea ..but continously puting on my wiegt..

5. vijjis

vijjis Bronze IL'ite

hey sowjanya,

progynova makes the endometrium lining thin .some tablets like clomid when prescribed they give progynova 2mg as it interferes with endometrium lining.

if she does not monitor you with scans
    then what about the hcg shot to make the follicle rupture.

6. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Hi vijjis..

do i need to tak the tablet or not..coz wen i asked doctor what is this ovafar tab she said it is from clomid only so u need to tak pregnova tab along wid dat .waht you want me to do knw

7. vijjis

vijjis Bronze IL'ite

hi sowjanya,
    if you are taking ovafer then u have to take progynova.

(my doubt is did you take hcg shot last time when the follicle size is enough inn the scan.
    then are you not going to take that injection this time to get the follicle rupture)

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Glad to help dear. Start walking. Its the best exercise ever. Eat and heavy breakfast, moderate lunch and very light dinner and add on loads of fruits and vegetables. It is hard to keep the weigh down. But you can ojin the fitness forum and find loads of other ladies to motivate you. Am sure it will help.

About the tablets, talk to your doc about the side effects mentioned by Vijis. Don't decide on your own if you want to take it or not. Just call the doc and tell her about the side effects you found about and ask her about how you might react to them.
    I did take clomid for three cycles and during the follicular tracking did not find any anomalies in my endometrium thickness. Also it said the cervical mucus tends to dry up, but that too did not affect us much.

Am sure the doctor has her reasons for giving those tablets. So discuss everything with her directly.

9. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Yes vijjis i have taken HCG shot last time it was HCG 5000.. and this time doctor said that u jus tak this tablets and hav IC frm day 10 - day 20 cos last time ur u hav ovulated lately so contiue with this and said to meet in april at the time pf periods., this time no injetcions is it complusory to tak HCG injection after using this tablets on which day i neeed to tak it pls giv hte info ill do it de same

10. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi sowjanya,

Do not let PCOD eat ur mind and spoil ur mental well being....I am suffering from PCOD for the past 9+ years...Married for 4 yrs and anovulation problem as well....After having 2 missed abortions, i struggled like anything to cut my weight down...With rigorous walking and diet control(avoid sugar, chocolates, baked items, fried items) and taking balanced diet, i came from 68 kgs to 57 kgs...And u know what i had conceived unknowingly in the timebeing...I was only on Metformin (1500mg a day) and folic acid.....The weight less did the magic........And recently I gave birth to a baby girl......

So please first ask all ur doubts to doctor, trust ur doctor and take a mental vow to stop thinking about PCO as a hurdle and just face it and tackle it in ways that u can...Mainly u have ur husband's support...That is the greatest strength....Try to plan ur day and diet, and do keep aside 30 mins to 45 mins for brisk walking....That helps a lot.....All the best....

kalcandu, sowjanya02 and tanoshii like this.