want to get pregnant with thyroid and PCOs

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by tweety23, Oct 10, 2011.

1. tweety23

tweety23 New IL'ite

Thyroid & PCOS troubles...

I am suffering from hypothyroid and PCOS. My periods are irregular. I have been under medcine for hypothyroid for last 9 months but still my ny TSH level is 27 :(. Can please any one help me.

2. jhansidevikanna

jhansidevikanna Junior IL'ite

Hi, i got married few months back and referred to the doctor for pregnant, before marriage my periods were irregular and even after marriage the prob is same.

After consultg doctor and doing blood test, my report showed me that my TSH is 5.9 and my doctor say even i hav PCOs (like cyst is forming in my ovaries, due to which my eggs are not releasing). Now my doctor advised me to take "Thronorm" every morning without fail but she has not given any medicine for PCOs.

My question is, 1) Shall i need to take any tablet for PCOs
    2) thyronorm tablet is enough and will solve my problem
    3) i am planning for pregnancy, will i be able to conceive soon.

3. nishamm

nishamm Junior IL'ite

i have pcos but not thyroid.i had cycle ranging 33-35 before marriage after marriage it change to 60 ,45 so.
    later almost 3 months i got period only on progestrone pills.doctor put me on obimet,hyponidd and m2 tone tonic then i got my period without progestrone after 15 days from previous period then it stop.
    after 3 month i got period as earlier now it ranging 33-35 days.last two months i used clomid to induce ovulation now iam waiting for the result....

4. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi Jhansi,

Even i had TSH 17.6 and T4 0.58 when i started TTC also i have PCOS (irregular periods) and my weight on bit of higher side....Also i was prescribed Thyronorm 50 mg daily in empty stomach....along with metmorphin tablets 500g /91 tablet after each meal)...
    Through god's grace...i conceived the same month...i am still continuing all the tablets as per my doctor's advice....i am in my third month now...doing gud...so if i could conceive...then i am 100% sure that you can conceive...no second thoughts........baby dusts to you....

3 people like this.
  5. jhansidevikanna

Thanks :) for your reply, i am happy for you. Shall i ask the doctor, she din't tell me to take Metamorphin.

6. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Jhansi,
    I am also having TSH and pcos,I am taking metphomin after lunch and thyronorm 50 mg in morning .

For TSH its very imp to take tab without fail reguraly then its not issue .u can conceive soon...though i have not lucky enough to conceive even after all hormone all normal but many women do.
    all the best.

7. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi jhansi,

Yes you could definetely enquire her...this thyronorm+metmorphin...do wonders for most of them(atleast for ladies who get treatment in this clinic)...if only thyroid+pcos is the only issue...definitely worth a try in asking your gynaec...if she is ok with it...she may prescribe you....baby dusts to you...take care...be positive...

1 person likes this.
  8. chandravathi701

chandravathi701 Senior IL'ite

Hi Jhansi.. Not to worry dear.. Me too had Thyroid and PCOS - got sorted with Thyronorm and Metamorphin.. Try them and will surely work out for you.. Mee too was worried earlier now I am blessed with a cute little darling.. Baby dust to you.. :):thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. jhansidevikanna

Guys, itz a month i dint got my periods yet & i m taking thyronorm also...what are the symptoms of pregnancy in the early stage ??????

10. jhansidevikanna

50 days passed, i dint got my period yet, did self test it came negative, but no symptoms of gettg period is showing in my body.........

what shall i do.....