1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Want to get out of this frustration ?????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amrita16soni, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

MrsYPatel,

It's a changing scene in India now , girls are financially independent , they are being recognized , their opinion is valued ....... given.... if the girl is earning..........

or, :shhh:
    if you are a daughter of a big business tycoon.

2. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Hi ars n all others,
    Now a days i m not getting sleep in night bcoz of these. U know what i did told to DH that "nobody called my mom into the party which my SIL gave". His reply was " Wht do i do if she didn't called".
    I was expecting that atleast he will say that " ok i wil talk to my mom " , but no!!!! he started arguing me n didn't agree that they did the mistake.Atleast my mom is alone in hometown, they should have invited my mom too, she must have felt happy. But i don't know y all rituals , rules n regulations are for gal or their side not for the boy n their family.

3. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Hi Anikha,
    I guess u r much more practical and got more with the time. Maybe I am newly married so I am expecting so much, wid the time I will also learn these things.
    But atleast in starting everyone expects with each other, there family wid my family n vice versa.
    Maybe everyone expectation dosen't comes to fullest. But I think in future I also hve to get practical like u.

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,
    Stop involving your nice DH in parental issues. Why bother about PILs invites to parents all the time? We dont invite everybody all the time do we? Why should SIL call your parents to her parties ?
    Nobody can force people to invite guests. How would you feel if your MIL started making your guest list?
    You are getting worried for nothing.
    Many sons also leave their old parents alone due to various reasons like DDs after marriage .
    Forget the money given to you for setting house, by Gods grace you have enough.
    Please dont expect any gifts from PILs , do you expect them to send parcels? Maybe if you were with them for festivals you would get gifts too.
    Be happy and dont go looking for trouble where there is none.
    Cut the apron strings , your parents have their own family members , why rely on PILs to include them?
    Please do not discuss such topics with DH , he cannot order his parents/family to invite your parents.
    Enjoy your pregnancy.

5. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Dear flowerlady,
    I agree its not necessary that they always invite may parents. But what if my mom always visit them if even they go for a week to hometown. Suppose ur relatives come once a yr in a city n ur house is hving function. Won't u invite them. Relationship are built with these small things only. Otherwise i should have asked my parents y u visit them every now n then if they are not responsive, how they will feel if my parents won't go. Thy will say immediately" ur parents came here n didn't visited us" then wht. So same here.
    Atleast if we do 10 times they shuld do 1 time.
    And another thing, y shuldn't i ask for the money , my dad gave? he gave us so that i can have all facilities at my home. If i m not getting that , i would certainly ask for it. Now in near future i will hve a kid, if i m surviving , i won't let my kid survive for such necessary things which shuld be there in advance itself.
    I am having full aurthority to know where tht money gone.
    U said like " u shul not worry if u hve enough money" , wht if after having enough money i don't have facilities that are necessary. then certainly i will ask " ok till the time i was adjusting but now at this time i need all things bcoz my father gave me that , so that i can get comfortable in new house."
    Yes i won't hightlight or use words like " my father gave, my father gave" , but still i will ask where tht money is being used.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amrita,

7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amrita,
    The relationship between PILs and parents is always a dicey one. Its better to have cordial relationship than grumble about not getting invites to all dos.
    Your parents can also withdraw a bit if they are not getting a proper response from your PILs. Whatever the outcome how can your DH advise his family to invite your parents? He is right when he says that its not his problem.
    If you wish to create trouble for yourself by arguing with innocent DH about such matters then you will create tension for yourself. Its not good for you to have tension at this stage.
    It appears that your parents are coming in too strong and should back off if your PILs are inhospitable.They should lessen their visits to your PILs place and also not invite them to all parties.
    Tit for tat, then you can reply like DH when asked as to why your parents have cooled off !
    Is there any other reason for your outburst?
    Take care, be happy , go shopping for baby pictures !

8. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amritha,

Dont think too much and take tense as u r pregnant. Time will change all these. Ask ur requirement to DH affectionately dont order him because mens dont like ordering.

Please dont get frustrated it will harm ur baby so please take care of yourself.

regards,
    Anu

9. MrsYPatel

MrsYPatel New IL'ite

If a person (male or female) thinks that a woman's opinion doesn't count, then that person actually is a BAD person...
    The comment you made about not knowing until you marry, is exactly why I'm against arranged marriages. In most, it's the woman who suffers.

10. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Dear Amrita,

Don't stress urself over ur ILs. Your pregnancy is ur priority now. Ask ur parents to maintain some distance with ur ILs and don't discuss such issues with ur DH, as it will bring u more stress. Let ur ILs grumble, if they aint happy with ur parents keeping distance from them. From now onwards, ask ur parents to put money in ur account rather than giving ur ILs. Don't expect ur ILs to be very amiable to ur parents, coz they wont be so (I am saying it after seeing ur posts on forum abt them) and it is not required for ur parents also to be very caring for ur ILs except for what is required.