1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Want To Do Something Interesting For My Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by samsWait, Sep 15, 2016.

1. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

My husband is a good man. He tries to help me in every possible way. He and I are going through some personal problems and sometimes we both get depressed shout and do stuff like that. I feel our intimacy is becoming less and less. I want to rekindle the spark between us and want to do something interesting for him but I am running out of good ideas. Can you guys suggest me some good ideas? That can please my husband? Some background He can cook well than me so that is out of question. We do not have too much money to spend on vacation so that is out of question too.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Nice greeting card with your thoughts about him and how much you value him in your life etc
    And a candle light dinner arranged at home or outside by you
    and candle light bath tub all three in one evening as a surprise, on a weekend

3. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

I like the greeting card idea. I will try that. And candle light dinner might be romantic for me, but for him it is time for him to enjoy his food. :) So that may not work for me.

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

What is his idea of chilling?
    If he is out doorsy kind - a hike with a picnic?
    Or How about a movie at home - with his fav actor or genre of movie? Maybe with some a chilled wine at the side?
    Or a neck and shoulder massage?

5. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dress up in his favorite clothes, cook his favorite food (eventhough he is a good cook, but sometimes its nice to eat our favorite food cooked by others). Buy a good gift for him, also a greeting card well written how much you love him.

Arrange the dining table with nice flowers & candles, with a glass of champagne (if he drinks)...when he seated for dinner go to him and give him nice hug & a warm kiss on his cheek and give the gift to him with the greeting card.

Hopefully he likes this gesture.

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

As soon as he comes from the office, welcome him with a fresh coffee, plus a fresh smile on your face.
    Ensure that the house is neat and presentable. At the same time, you too have well-dressed. Allow him to freshen up.
    Give him some hot snacks.

Take him out of the house, may be in the garden, balcony for a walk. Play some romatic songs in the phone, as a BGM.

Then if he wishes, take him for a walk in the beach. Else go for a movie. But chose the good one.
    Eat out on your way back to home, and hold hands while returning.
    Give gestures for a pleasant night. He will learn your expectation and set the mood for it.

Prepare the bedroom with a neat bed, and pleasant air freshener for the work.

Repeat this mantra every now and then

7. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

He is an outdoorsy kind of guy. Loves vacations. Spending time with friends. We watch movies all the time at home and sometimes outside so that is not out of routine. I will try the massage idea though.

8. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Since you said money is tight,
    Some ideas:
    1-Give him the gift of time: take over a few of his chores do them quietly, & tell him to chill in that time. But don't expect him to return the favour.
    2-Give him the gift of Guy-time: an evening at home mid-week with his friends, playing games or watching TV. Set up snacks, drinks, friends. Make sure his mood is ok that day, or tell him you have a surprise waiting for him. You can run his errands in this time, maybe, or have your own girls night in somewhere, or just go to bed early.
    3-Give him the gift of fresh air: since you said he's outdoorsy, maybe combine 1& 2 on a weekend & let him have a blast, while you do your own thing.
    4-Give him the gift of lazy lovin':- :wink::wink:you know what I mean. Romantic setting, simple dinner, wine, massage, and you do everything so all he has to do is lie back & enjoy it.
    5-Give him the gift of work done: this is different from taking on his errands. Jobs around the house that he sees to normally but hasn't got to, frustrating him, things you can take care of easily, do them quietly and wait for him to notice, or cross them of your/his to-do list.

All the best. Cheers!

9. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

I de cluttered home when my husband was watching. arranged everything, cooked good food for him, lighted candles and let him what I wanted. And I got what I wanted :) Now I know what my husband needs. Thanks.