1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wakey Wakey!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 17, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

:) Mercifully never had those dreams. Probably because I know if I can't do it, I'll take them out for food or order some stuff! :p

SpringB likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Whatever fear pent up and buried under, surface up long after many years through dream. Psychologist says every dream has a meaning.

2. Late Ramanujam in an interview stated in dream he was taught secrets of theory of numbers by goddess Namagiri Of Nammakal - his birth place in TN.

3. LATE PRESIDENT BHARAT RATHNA Abdul Kalam said dream big.

4. benzene molecule structural formula could found from the hint in the dream the scientist saw in his dream two snakes entwined to swallow the other.
    • I n 1890, at the 25th anniversary of the benzene structure discovery, Friedrich August Kekulé, a German chemist, reminisced about his major accomplishments and told of two dreams that he had at key moments of his work. In his first dream, in 1865, he saw atoms dance around and link to one another. He awakened and immediately began to sketch what he saw in his dream.
    • Later, Kekulé had another dream, in which he saw atoms dance around, then form themselves into strings, moving about in a snake-like fashion. This vision continued until the snake of atoms formed itself into an image of a snake eating its own tail. This dream gave Kekulé the idea of the cyclic structure of benzene.
    5. Once in hot summer school vacation, returned fatigued from outdoor work and soon got into sleep on the cement floor of the drawing hall. On the other side my sister squatting with her class mates playing carrom. In the mid of sleep in reverie I saw a huge spider chasing me and I was running away from it. As I did that, my head banged on the floor not in dream but in reality. My sister rushed to me wondering what happened. I told about the day dream. Then she told of my whacking a spider that was running away from the mat which I unrolled before I slept on it.

6. Dream is an important part in Maharishi discussions in matters of self realisation.

7. In various categories of sleep parts, in REM state no dream would occur.
    Thanks and Regards.

God throws hint in dream to solve problems and to discover truths!

Rihana, SunPa and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

I remember learning about Kekule's dream in Std. IX. How many times did I pray that I should have such inspirational dreams! But did my prayers get answered? No! Never. The latest low is being incapable of transporting all the plucked vegetables in their entirety from the plot next door to my mother!!! :rage::shakehead::roflmao:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

So dreams are bringing you back to reality eh? Most people want to live in dream state :) I get exam dreams too only because I never took any exam seriously and on the occasion or two when i have walked in prepared - it is only to realize it was for the wrong subject. Truth! Thankfully I have always managed to good an okay score only to get my mom going :facepalm: with a "if only you know your potential!" Well, I continue to goof off, continue to dream of exams and life goes on! And oh with these exams is always my best friend and am happy to see her/think of her :)

5. satchitananda

Hi Sabitha! Oh sure, I'd love to remain in lala land unless it has anything to do with exams. Unfortunately I never liked exams and I hate watching others - especially school kids - having to take them either! You were really fortunate to have been able to sail through them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello: Thank you for the Super reference to painting which had lead me to read a beautiful poem capturing the painter’s mind at then moment:

Such as of late amid the murky sky
    Was mark'd by Fuseli's poetic eye;

Whose daring tints, with Shakspeare's happiest grace,
    Gave to the airy phantom form and place.—

Back o'er her pillow sinks her blushing head,
    Her snow-white limbs hang helpless from the bed;

Her interrupted heart-pulse swims in death.
    O'er her fair limbs convulsive tremors fleet,

Start in her hands, and struggle in her feet;
    In vain to scream with quivering lips she tries,

And strains in palsy'd lids her tremulous eyes;
    In vain she wills to run, fly, swim, walk, creep;

The Will presides not in the bower of Sleep.
    —On her fair bosom sits the Demon-Ape

Erect, and balances his bloated shape;
    Rolls in their marble orbs his Gorgon-eyes,

And drinks with leathern ears her tender cries.

satchitananda, Rihana and Amulet like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Same with me here.
    2. After preparing for university degree exam in subject “light” for almost whole of night, turned up to attend class at 10 a.m. - for sake of attendance - and much to the surprise of class mates arrived early to class-room, occupied a seat adjacent to my friend Bhallu and Revathi in a desk some what in the the middle of class room.
    3. Fatigued by overnight work, sleep embraced and my head rested on the desk and gone into profound sleep. At the back of my mind definitions and derivations were still playing in a rewind.
    4. Professor Dr. Singaram in middle of his lecture on electricity noticed me sleeping. My friend Bhallu nudged me said “hey. Wake up. Prof. Is approaching our desk”.
    5. Disturbed from my dream, lazily opened eyelids with blood shot eyes. Professor asked me to tell definition of POWER.
    6. I stood up, said in one breath lest I forget:
    Power is reciprocal of focal length when focal length expressed In meters and unit of power is Diopter”.
    The whole class burst into laughter including Revathi. Dr. Singaram chuckled and said “mr. - you are in electricity class day dreaming in light and lenses.”
    A dream without fear perhaps!

Thanks and Regards.
    God is beyond definitions but He is in every definition!

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow looks like exams figure in everyone's dreams! I get the dream that in the practicals exam I get the experiment that no one has been able to complete even in academic year lab.

But a not-exam dream is that I am in college, staying over at cousins' place for a wedding. Everyone went to sleep only around 4AM, and I forgot to get my dress to wear to college. I only have the "home" dress and the one I wore to the wedding. All are sleeping on the floor right next to the almirahs, so I cannot borrow cousin's clothes.

I decide to wear the fancy wedding dress, a chamak-chamak one..very bright. In the first bus, most of the other passengers are sleepy, so no one notices. In the second one, the city is coming to life, and people give me stares, then I reach college and starts a long day of explaining to friends and teachers.

To this day, I need almirah doors to remain easily openable at all times of day and night. : )

9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Lol.

10. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi,

Here nobody has mentioned about those Bollywood film dreams, where in every film, we can see the poor heroine and the wealthy hero, rollicking around the snow covered hills of Kullu, Manali, the heroine dressed in her skimpiest outfit and the hero fully covered looking more like an Eskimo.
    As a teenager having seen my first Hindi film Aradhana, my dreams were made up of Rajesh Khanna look alike airforce pilots becoming my lifetime partner, but alas in reality it was an Amjad Khan look alike stranger, who became my lifetime villain, sorry DH.

Agatha83

Mistt, satchitananda and Amulet like this.