1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wakey Wakey!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 17, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Next week I have a Maths exam. I don't have a clue about Maths. I look at some questions in class and am lost. Time to keep mom informed. I slowly walk up to her and make a 'confession'. I can't take the Maths exam. I don't understand anything. Why? Because I did not understand anything in the XIth std. Then I walk away to the open plot next door and pluck wild vegetables growing there and bring them back for her (after having dropped half of them somewhere on the way!) Imagine the relief when I wake up and realize I have finished my masters and don't have any more maths exams to give. Never is it a greater relief to return to reality so early in the morning!

Sometimes it is Maths. At other times it is Physics. Sometimes it is worse - Geography! Which means I don't even pass Std. VII!!!

sln, Rihana, Indhradhanu and 6 others like this.
  2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Thank God it was a dream !

Does it make you curious to know why that pattern is repeated?

The interpretation of dreams...I get variations of this dream - I am off for a vacation, all excited, hectic running around, reach the airport, realise I left the passport , sometimes it is I forgot to lock my home, once it was me going to Canada and I forgot to pack any winter clothing , sometimes it is even worse , flight in 3 hours and i am still home and no packing done. Woke up in a cold sweat!!
    It all ways starts off as a dream, all happy and exciting, but turns into a nightmare.

I reasoned that it is my fear of being totally unprepared , being caught off guard. And that I can relate to.

3. satchitananda

Oh yes SunPa. I have dreams of travelling abroad and not having any foreign exchange ready! The fact that I did not even hand over all the plucked vegetables to mom (had dropped half of them all along the way) certainly shows how capable I am!!! :facepalm::grinning: Sigh!

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thinking about exams may be the reason they keep coming up in your dreams.

Your post evoked memories of a painting I had seen in a museum.

Title: The Nightmare
    You can see an actual horse's head on left-top.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a wikipedia link (has explanation, other sketches): The Nightmare - Wikipedia

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

Well, you are not too far from the truth. I have been correcting exam papers and suspect that my students must be having nightmares of German exams and will continue to do so in years to come (going by the stuff I have to read!!!) Maybe they find German as tough as I found calculus and coordinate geometry!

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

German!! Oh... my.
    Sanskrit made highschoolers memorize the Sabdamanjari content.... without a whole lot of applications of the conjugated forms.
    Languages that make people memorize conjugations are always sources of nightmares. Germans also produced a lot of psychoanalysts to study dreams. :hmmm:.

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

A break through ?:tongueclosed:

9. satchitananda

Yes, you just told me why there are so many German psychoanalysts in this world!

Amulet likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank God it was a dream.
    Once I dreamt that at one of my Master's exams, I see the question paper and realized I was not prepared at all for that. I go home to check the subjects and I had prepared for one that was for another day.