Voted best e-mail story of the year

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chilbuli Imli, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

A m<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s sick <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd tired of going to work every d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y while his wife st<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>yed home. He w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nted her to see wh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t he went through so he pr<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>yed: "De<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>r Lord: I go to work every d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd put in 8 hours while my wife merely st<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ys <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t home. I w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nt her to know wh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t I go through, so ple<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>se <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>llow her body to s witch with mine for <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName> d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y. Amen.
    God, in his infinite wisdom, gr<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nted the m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n's wish.

The next morning, sure enough, the m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>woke <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName> wom<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n. He <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rose, cooked bre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>kf<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>st for his m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>te, <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>kened the kids, set out their school clothes, f ed them bre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>kf<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>st, p<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>cked their lunches, drove them to school, c<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>me home <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd picked up the dry cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ning, took it to the cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ners <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd stopped <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t the b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nk to m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ke <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName> deposit, went grocery shopping, then drove home to put <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y the groceries, p<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>id the bills <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nced the check book. He cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ned the c<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t's litter box <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>thed the dog. Then it w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>lre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>dy 1 P.M. And he hurried to m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ke the beds, do the l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>undry, v<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>cuum, dust, <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd sweep <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd mop the kitchen floor, r<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n to the school to pick up the kids <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd got into <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rgument with them on the w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y home. Set out milk <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd cookies <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd got the kids org<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nized to do their homework, then set up the ironing bo<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rd <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>tched TV while he did the ironing. At 4:30 he beg<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n peeling pot<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>toes <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>shing veget<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>bles for s<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>d, bre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ded the pork chops <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd sn<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>pped fresh be<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ns for supper. After supper, he cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ned the kitchen, r<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n the dishw<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>sher, folded l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>undry, b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>thed the kids, <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd put them to bed. At 9 P.M. he w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s exh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>usted <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd, though his d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ily chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s expected to m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ke love, which he m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ged to get through without compl<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>int.

The next morning, he <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>woke <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd immedi<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>tely knelt by the bed <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd s<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>id, Lord, I don't know wh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t I w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s thinking. I w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s so wrong to envy my wife's being <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ble to st<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y home <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ll d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y. Ple<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>se, oh ple<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>se, let us tr<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>de b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ck."

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you h<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ve le<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rned y our lesson <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd I will be h<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ppy to ch<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nge things b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ck to the w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y they were. You'll just h<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ve to w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>it nine months, though. You got pregn<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nt l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>st night."

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

oh what an ending

hi,
    that was one of the most interesting pieces I have read. The ending must have made it the best email story!!!!
    Meenu

3. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

just wonderful

Dear chilbuil imli
    what a fantastic story. very good
    regards
    uma:clap

4. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

Oh...that was a real good one !

Hi,

That's a good posting. The ending is more interesting.

Keep posting.

Regards,
    Jay

5. archukoratty

archukoratty Junior IL'ite

good one

This a good story which gives a clear picture of the routine of an unemployed wife.
    Most of the husbands of above mentioned wives think that they work hard in the office all the 8 hrs and their betterhalf is simply sitting in the house without any hardship.
    The fact is that husband works 8 hrs whereas wife works althrough the day doing of all sorts of work as in the story.
    The story is very well pictured and a shocking ending.
    Archana.