1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamin supplements

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Vinme, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Vinme

Vinme New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am 30+ yrs old living in California. All my life so far, i have always felt that it is better to rely on natural sources of vitamin and minerals for our body than taking vitamin supplements in the form of tablets/pills. I am a Eggetarian, eat lot of leafy & green vegetables, milk and try to stay fit and keep a healthy weight. I work full time and take care of my home as well.

Do you ladies think that we still have to take vitamin supplements once we are 30+? Docs always push for it but is it still really necessary?

Will be interesting to know your opinion....

Cheers
    Vin

2. sarvatha

sarvatha Junior IL'ite

Though you can take vitamin, in supplements, it can never be the same as the original source, ie,fruits and veggies. the excess you take is discarded by the body. i would say, you can take moderately but always consult your doctor before taking any medication.

1 person likes this.
  3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Doctors in US prescribe vitamin supplements based on blood test reports. If the test shows deficiency, then vitamins are either prescribed or asked to take it over-the-counter.

1 person likes this.
  4. naliniraut

naliniraut Bronze IL'ite

that,s right I agree with pman16. Most of the time Indian women are anaemic compared to their western counterparts and secondly we tend to lack in vit D because of our skin colour.

1 person likes this.
  5. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

i would say no please add amla indian gooseberry in your daily intake it will take care of everything

2 people like this.
  6. Vinme

Vinme New IL'ite

Thank you, Ladies :)
    For all your feedback and suggestions !