1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visitor Visa For Mother

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Lithika, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone

a) My father's name spelling in mother passport (in spouse section) & other documents like bank ,property are different (eg:- PP & few documents it is sHankar, in other documents it is sankar).....I am going to apply visitor visa for my mother only.My qn is
    1.My parents have joint account(father's name spelling is different from PP) in bank
    2.Property Documents have only father's name(father's name spelling is different from PP)
    3.My Birth certificate is in my native language

Will this documents create problem during Visa interview or interviewer will not give importance to spouse name spelling.....If this will create problem how can i overcome this?

b) I am only daughter & property are all in my father's name what can i my mother show to interviewer as proof that she will go back to India

TIA

2. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    As far as I know, it is difficult to establish non-immigration intent if you apply only for your mother. Apply for both your father and mother. Even though only your mother is going to travel, you can apply for both. In that way you need all docs from your father and that is sufficient for both.
    For birth certificate, you need to translate that into English and get it notarized.
    I dont know if the spelling mismatch will be a issue or not. Better try to change it in passport.

Lithika likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

It is possible to get a certificate like 'sHankar' and 'sankar' are the same person. I got similar one for one certificate where 'a' is used instead of 'e'. Got the certificate from 'thahalsidar'. But I never used that one as no one noticed the spelling error. I used to take that with me even for immigration interview. So inquire about that option in your panchayat/muncipality/corporation. Also inquire about changing the name in passport (may be that is the best in this case) . Do whatever is easy to do. Make sure passport is machine readable not hand written (non-machine readable) . Do your mother need marriage certificate? check that.
    It is possible to get birth certificate in English, mine is in English. Or try a notarized translation into English

If your mom is working , it is very easy to show like pension book or service details. If not , I am not sure; but bank statements, property statements etc may help. Like kalainat suggested if they both apply it will be easy . I think you need to include an invitation letter ( your letter to your parents inviting them to visit your home in USA) showing the details of their stay, duration etc..

4. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Hi...My mother received her Visa ...interview is as follows

Interviewer- Hi...what's ur name?
    mom - ABC
    I - where is ur son in law working?
    M- xxx company and ABC client
    I-where s ur husband working
    I- Do u have own house
    I- How long will u stay there?
    I-
    Ur Visa has been granted
    ...they didn't ask anything abt father name...But v got affidavit for it to be on safer side(which took 2 weeks) n translated my birth certificate to English from Rotary.....